surging and now no start?

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got looking under my truck and what not. the water/fuel seperator looks to be leaking out of the drain tube? i havent pulled on it in weeks and fuel is coming out of it. also when i pull on it nothing comes out what so ever.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be your problem. Unscrew the nut around the pull ring on top of the seperator, and pull the assembly out. Once you get it out, you'll need to fabricate something you can stick down in there to clean off the sealing seat. Once you get it and the assembly clean, stick it back in and you should be good to go. Here are some pics to help you understand what your doing.

You must be registered for see images

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you very much! you guys are a world of help! ill try this and see what it has to offer. is this something that seems to happen to these things? and should i take it completely off the truck? will that be very hard?

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the surging is gone and the truck runs great once u get it started! i clean the fuel water seperator and its not leaking anymore. i just have no problem, when i took all the injector lines off the injectors to replace the injector return o rings and what not one of my injector lines twisted with its nut and almost broke and not its leaking. where can i buy one of these to place it? its the first one on the passenger side.if you let the truck sit for over 6 hours its a real pain to start but once u get the intial air out it runs like a champ.