Superchips!

tractorman86

Reaction score
my dad has a 75hp(i believe) chip laying around out of a early 99 350 2wd std and my brother has a late 99 250 4wd std will this chip work for him or did they change more than the turbo that year? just thought i would do a little research for him, thanks in advanced

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between early and late 99 they probably did a PCM code calibration change. You'll have to get ahold of SC and ask if the chip was compatible between the two PCM's.

SeeYa

OB Vendor/ DP-Tuner
Reaction score
tractorman86 said:
my dad has a 75hp(i believe) chip laying around out of a early 99 350 2wd std and my brother has a late 99 250 4wd std will this chip work for him or did they change more than the turbo that year? just thought i would do a little research for him, thanks in advanced

To the best of my knowledge Superchips only makes/made single bank chips. What color is it? Is the chip a rectagular shaped can? If so, it will not work on your brothers late 99 truck. PCM codes must match exactly to the code on a single bank chip.

tractorman86

Reaction score
the chip is not adjustable i dont think.(if that is even what single bank means, i am an idi man so i have no clue about computers!) it is just flat on one side and a plug on the other

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tractorman86 said:
the chip is not adjustable i dont think.(if that is even what single bank means, i am an idi man so i have no clue about computers!) it is just flat on one side and a plug on the other
If thats the case then the PCM codes from the two trucks would have to match for the chip to work on either truck.

tractorman86

Reaction score
who is jody, i've heard that name mentioned before but dont know who it is, i can give him the info but cant promise he'll do anything about it. after all I'm sure as hell not putting any money into his truck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online