SUPERCHARGE ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

SC is one of those limited info type of projects, just like electronic dash boards when they go bad, there is no deep well of knowledge readily available to peg a question.

Unfortunately, you may have to do the leg work up front, but when you do have questions at a stopping point, there may be someone who either knows or knows where to send you for some more info to help solve your problem.

Also, there will be answers you do not receive because #1, no one really knows, or #2, there's a "Just do it" because that's the way it is mentality v. knowing the actual answer- which you will have to dig for yourself.

Don't ever take it personal, just know, sometimes even on this site where knowledge runs deeper than any other site, there will be times where you just gotta do it..... but then share it with others, even if it is just a piece of a greater puzzle.

I'm king of pizzing off people.... but then again, it's for the right reason cookoo .... I'm crazy.

Welcome aboard!!

its either really easy to **** pplz of here or i must b a little crazy too. :dunno

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
hey sports fans! i would like to supercharge my 6.9 idi if you couldknt tell from my title. cookoo Seeing how there limited information on the subject since sc diesels went out of style ages ago, u know shortly after turbos arrived. i was lookn for any hints, tips, suggestions, links, blogs, and pretty much whatever i can get my hands on by those of you that have done it or know somebody that may have, in the hopes that i may do it right the FIRST time (maybe). so if anybody could help me out with that, it would be super super flippn awsome of u. thanks :hail

So you say here that you want to learn everything that you can about supercharging a 6.9. Not a bad quest in and of itself. Learning is great.

yup, been doin that... got to wade thru a bunch of b.s. hard to find the facts between all theoretical crap and the trash talkn against the use of sc on a diesel. thats why i specifically asked 4 ppl that have done it (or know someone that did) so i may b pointed directly to usefull information.

Here is where you pretty much imply that anybody who is against the SC is talking trash or is full of ****. I do understand why you want people that have done it. Definitely a correct move. However, to discount the opinions of others who have researched the idea is not necessarily warranted. Many projects are cancelled or scrapped because research shows that it isn't feasible. If you wanted to do a certain thing, then changed your mind because you discovered that it probably wouldn't work, would you not share that opinion with those who inquired?

well not necessarily trash talkn... but ya know the whole "turbos r better this, turbos r better that, "well that seems pointless", "well if u wanna waste the your money", that sort. either way not helpful. but yes there are constructive threads out there... like that "supercharged diesel here" thread... thats a pretty good one.

And given the results of the tests, it would seem some of those statements are warranted. SWS did his project and mentioned that it didn't turn out that spectacular. Why reinvent the wheel to get the same or less results? This is a message board. We are allowed to have our opinions here. I apologize if they don't line up with your predetermined conclusions.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol see what i mean! (LAMO) enough said from me and as stated above your project probley gonna be a huge struggle if it even happens and its not easy to **** people off here its your attitude and good luck ive said enough im gonna write answering your threads off no helping you i tried to tell you as well as others

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO! ...yea i get it... im honestly not trying to argue, and im pretty sure im in no position to b demanding anything here. lol.
ps the wise remarks was more geared to the "lets not try to reinvent the wheel" ;Really

If you notice I suggested searching for the info your requesting.....sometimes it's simpler to duplicate an already proven or working setup...and just modify and improve on it rather than start from scratch!. I call it quite quick and direct...simple nuff LOL

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
When you're asking about the viability of a certain project, you need to look at both sides. You seem to have decided before researching what the answer is, and only want to hear the supporting arguments. Anything else is already BS in your mind. Good luck with your search, I have a feeling you're going to struggle a lot on this project.....especially insulting the opinions of the board that you are soliciting.

what in the sam hill r u talkn about?! last time i checkd i wasnt insulting anybody... i also didnt know there where "sides" here? Sry? :dunno Further more running a sc is viable... thats what diesels ran with b4 turbos, but its seldom done anymore. and to clearify i am putting a sc on and was throwing the question out there to anyone with experience in installing one for theyre knowledge in the matter. weather it b a quick tip or a link to another site or link to theyr thread wvr, simple as that. and i am truely sry that this thread is makeing such a stink, what started out as a innocent quest for knowledge has turned into quite a mess.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELCOME ABOARD BRUTHAH!!!!

Just kidding, although I don't see the initial insult either, other than maybe asking too much at once on a subject a little less visited than air intrusion.

This probably set it off a little:

"yup, been doin that... got to wade thru a bunch of b.s. hard to find the facts between all theoretical crap and the trash talkn against the use of sc on a diesel. thats why i specifically asked 4 ppl that have done it (or know someone that did) so i may b pointed directly to usefull information. "

When we post on any forum, I think it best not to call some opinions crap or trash... we all know it's in the threads, to include from myself. This is a social site as well as a self help/DIY locality. When we combine the two entities, we all must weed through others opinions, commentary irrelevant to the subject, general teasing and inane questions (also very guilty of myself) along with the nuggets of wisdom.

Chiltons has nothing on the wisdom here, but it's more like an almanac around here, there's all kinds of stuff mixed in, not just directly to page 375 for such-n-such. A lot of times, there will be a Q & A on something irrelevant, but touches off an idea on the subject at hand.

Being driven in one direction will make us crazy if all the posts were nothing but facts-n-stats. Nice if it's there, but more fun weeding. Think of it as a day in Georgia sipping sweet tea and shootin' the sheesh with a few friends.

I think Devon and Riot were pointing you in the right direction. Once you find something relevant to your needs, expand in that thread or start a new one with more specific questions. Sorry, no SC FAQ's pages in the IDI Tech section, just not done that often to do a good straight forward write up.... yet. When you do your project, put together a power point or something with photo's and maybe it'll get posted in the Techies?!

Good luck with it!

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
If you notice I suggested searching for the info your requesting.....sometimes it's simpler to duplicate an already proven or working setup...and just modify and improve on it rather than start from scratch!. I call it quite quick and direct...simple nuff LOL

towcat man... i know, believe u me, i know LOL like i said, i am lookn threw the threads, theres just alot of "stuff" to sort threw., hence the question for any one out there whod like to share and save me some time lookn, ya know. im lookn tho ;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat man... i know, believe u me, i know LOL like i said, i am lookn threw the threads, theres just alot of "stuff" to sort threw., hence the question for any one out there whod like to share and save me some time lookn, ya know. im lookn tho ;Sweet

I'm not towcat....now that's freakin funny!

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
thank u capttom... yea didnt mean anything by the red highlights there, but i get ur point. just i how i talk i guess... i certainly am no english major. i just might have to take u up on that power point tho :sly

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just like everyone is saying this isnt exactly something you should just jump and buy parts and do...research is definitely key...what kind of power are you looking for...that is a good starting point cause if you dont know how much hp you want to make you dont know how much cfm and ccs of fuel you need to make that power and if you dont have the right cfm for your fuel...hence too little you will struggle for power...once you know how much hp you determine the cfm required to make that amount...just know it takes about 1 lb min of air to equal 10 hp...and 1cc of fuel is equal to 2-3 hp so if you have 150cc of fuel which should support 300hp you will need 30lb min of air or you will just be blowing smoke;Sweet

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Capt Tom.. Im the guy with the electronic dash problem, dont get me mixed up with this guy. Ha. No hard feelings, I just dont wanna get flamed next time I post..

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
And given the results of the tests, it would seem some of those statements are warranted. SWS did his project and mentioned that it didn't turn out that spectacular. Why reinvent the wheel to get the same or less results? This is a message board. We are allowed to have our opinions here. I apologize if they don't line up with your predetermined conclusions.

there u go agin.... i have no idea what u r saying. i have not critisized anybodies opinion, the only opinoin i see critisized here is my own. as far i as the turbos go i know undersand and accept that they are generally better for diesels. im am strictly going for oldschool, perfomance aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.