Superchared diesel inside here...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really can't add to the size of the pulley on the crank of the IH. It is about 1" or so (if that) from the crank to the water pump.

As far as the 6 spd, I am really just trying to get it home. I want to find someone who will trade me a 6 4x2 for a 5 4x4. Remember, I have 150 running gear. 5 lug, 9", D44 and such needs no help to break it.

Worked it like a dog this weekend. Pulled out a few thousand pounds of trees. I am going to miss the ultra low 1st of the NP435 when its gone.

SWS

Sorry I guess I didn't make myself clear as far as my question on the ZF6 goes. I was meaning isn't there an issue with a spacer on the ZF6 and getting it to adapt to the output shaft off the back of the Idi? What are you going to do to solve that? Or are you not that far? Sorry about all the questions. I am just a lil curious... :D

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Im not that far yet. I still have to finish pulling it out from under the tow truck. These next two weekends are full with snaggin' and a funeral so maybe in the week following that. I want to get it home asap so I can look at it and figure out what I need to do. At this time, I want to just find somone who will trade me so I can just install it and go. At 55-65ish and lower, it works really well in 4th. I think the OD will be great to get me to the highway speeds that are here. It still has enough holes in the body that it is L O U D when you drive it. I am still trying to get the floor cut from the spare so I can get it prepped to install. Once that is done, I will try to focus on the lift and tying up all the loose ends that are still left...If you have watched the vids, you can see the door panels are not built/installed there. Still not done in real life. Now that the baby is older and it is getting warmer, I should be able to get some time to cover them and add the panels for the locks/windows.

Sucks when you want to drive it and have to still fix stuff on it. Oh, and when I do the lift, I will make the cross member removable so I can drop the pan and re-seal that. It still spots the driveway from where it did not seal for some reason.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do the ZF6 swap you'll definitely have to do a thread on that. I'm sure it will interest quite a few people on here. Also a while back diesel brad got a ZF6 and I don't know if he did anything with it... You might hit him up over at PSN and see about it.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do the ZF6 swap you'll definitely have to do a thread on that. I'm sure it will interest quite a few people on here. Also a while back diesel brad got a ZF6 and I don't know if he did anything with it... You might hit him up over at PSN and see about it.

I believe that 6 speed brad had was out of the f550 he was restoring and is now in the 550.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWS, i love you and hate you right now. lol. i love you, cause youre helpin me figure out some of the issues i will have to overcome. i hate you cause you beat me to a blower setup! keep after it bud. :)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Well...Don't swet it. I THINK I will have the pulley by next weekend and will have to see how it goes from there. If it is no good, I will sell it after this version and use the PS turbo I have. My time limit and personal limit have been reached. I shold be getting the interrior together by now and the tranny should already be in.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your fuel problem fixed? And I'm sure you'll be happy after you get that thing pushing boost... It'll happen man just as long as you get the right sized pulley on there. I'm look forward to it. I've been on this thread for a while now. :)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I have not had a chance. I will look at it today, but I think the inlet line to the IP has to be the problem. There is fluid in the valley pan. Not much, but it is wet. The more I think about it, the more I think it is leaking there. I had to crank it for like 30 sec (3 bursts of 10ish) when I got back from the lake. If it was one or two, or even 4 of the lines, there would be SOME sort of hit when it was cranking. There is not any sort of hit until it is about to start. When it does finally hit, usualy, you have no throttle control for a few seconds and it smokes like mad. Finally, it will smooth out and is good until it sits again.

I also decided to try to go with a bricknose interrior. I don't really have a preferance on them, I just want one that works. I will start to piece it together so when I replace the floor, I can get the entire thing finished at one time...and THAT will be cool.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your diagnosis of the problem makes sense to me. Maybe make a thread and ask the other guys what it is if that doesn't end up solving it. More people will see it in a thread of its own...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
The return line is leaking at the IP. Not sure how I am going to fix it yet, but that makes sence as to why when it is nose down, the problem fixed its self.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Finished it. 2-4 psi at idle and climbs as I drive. I wish it was higher, but only because I can see the number of PSI on a gauge. It now has the power I wanted it to have from the word go. I will do one more thing (one of these days) and add a ported blower to see if I can get it to 8psi. But it runs like it should now. I still want to put it against a hill by my dad's house, but where I drive it mostly, there is a noticable difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PuWSVgOFOA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr4jtEja-w8

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
The camera pickes it up better than usual. Outside, if you are trying to have a conversation next to the hood, it would drive a wooden man crazy. Inside, it is loud enough to annoy you, but the road noise and other stuff is equally loud. BUT, I have not driven it more than a few miles. Next weekend, I am sure I will drive it to my parents house which is about 100 mi round trip. I will not have had the time to add the fat mat to it yet, so it will be louder than normal. I also am going to step up to the 87-91 interrior. More plentiful...and hopefully a working tach.

SWS