Suncoast trannys?

Deezle1

Fah-Q Racing
Reaction score
Howdy y'all, im lookin at a 98 12 valve with 109k on it. it has a full Suncoast auto tranny in it and i was wondering if anyone had any experiance with them. I am very serious about this rig so please be honest and not get into a brand flame war ;Sweet

Thanks a bunch guys,
Dom :draw

Last edited:

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deezle1 said:
Howdy y'all, im lookin at a 98 12 valve with 109k on it. it has a full Suncoast auto tranny in it and i was wondering if anyone had any experiance with them. I am very serious about this rig so please be honest and not get into a brand flame war ;Sweet

Thanks a bunch guys,
Dom :draw

Suncoast is gold around here whether you are simply upgrading the factory tranny or making 800HP at the wheel and running pro-street diesel!

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
My BIL just put one in his truck...

It shifts very nice ... You can feel the power getting to the wheels. I am impressed with it. It also seems like Dave over at diesel innovations is running a Suncoast in snow white his drag truck.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the Pro-street diesel side of things Dennis Perry, Jeff Garmon, Matt/Earl Stuckey and Darren Morrison put their faith in Suncoast trannies.

I'm not speaking for them of course but they all have multiple big wins with Suncoast Dodge trannies.

I'm in the market for a new Dodge as we speak and if it happens Jeff Garmon is going to build a Suncoast tranny for me with a triple-loc converter without a moments hesitation.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
If it's really got a Suncoast in it, then at least you don't have to worry about the tranny.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I have talked to a couple of RV'ers that have 'em and they just flat love 'em. I have never heard a complaint about them.

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
I have been to the shop where those trannies are made, you cannot find a better bunch of guys and gals and the product they produce is top-of-the-line. You will not find anything better. I drive a stick, if it was a slushbox it would have a suncoast by now.

dieselminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suncoast ;
SOME TRUCKS HAVE ALL THE FUN !!!

I dont have a full built tranny ,but I have the ProLoc Tripple Disk Torque Converter , ProLoc HeavyDuty Performance Valve Body , And Suncoast 5.0 Racing Lever ......but Im running stock input,intermediate,and output :< ,,,,, have about 20,000 miles on this set up ..... LOVE IT !!!!!!

DM

oHBMQUINN

Reaction score
I have a suncoast valve body and converter in my 94 its been in there for 10,000 miles and doesent mis a beat towing sled pulling ect the best in my opinion