suggestions for upgrading exhaust

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to be working on my exhaust. I've got an exhaust leak and I've wanted to upgrade anyways. I'm looking to do around a 3 or 4 inch pipe with a Magnaflow muffler. I don't have a turbo now but hopefully someday I will. Is there a kit that anybody recommends? I was thinking about the buying some universal mandrel bent tubes and piecing it together. anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OBS PSD kit from MBRP is prolly the best shot for plug-n-play. But you still will have to fab up the Y-pipe to the kit.
Otherwise, you can build your own with a 4in tailpipe from Walker and fab up the rest yourself.
I'd do the MBRP kit due to the bang for the buck.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a 4" tailpipe for a 94-97 powerstroke from diesel shop.com for $100. Thats the hardest part of your exhaust. Then add your muffler and a straight piece in between your muffler and your y pipe. Probaly have a nice exhaust for around 200 or so, depending on the price of your muffler. I got the tailpipe pipe and did my own but I have a turbo so no muffler. I think I had around 175 in mine but I took it to a exhaust shop to weld everything after i got it in place.I forgot about the adapter from 3" to 4" thats kind pricey. Good luck

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You've got a Truck Pro in greenville. They carry all kinds of big pipe pieces and bends and straight through big truck mufflers. I did my 4" system for about $140 including a 36" straight through 4' muffler( could have got off cheaper but I used the high dollar pre shaped band clamps )

---Robert

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, good ideas, thanks. So going with 4" would be good? and someone makes an adapter to go from the 2.5" down pipe to the 4" pipe? My last thought was to end the system in front of the right rear tire. any thoughts? i saw it once and it looked pretty cool.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are a dirty rim all the time. Do not know if you care about that though? Your truck you do what you think you will like, and if you do not like it you can always change it.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are a dirty rim all the time. Do not know if you care about that though? Your truck you do what you think you will like, and if you do not like it you can always change it.

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow duplicate post! :) I haven't washed my truck in over a year, but thats because it washes the paint right off. Someday when i have a nice wheel the truck would probably have a nice paint job and i would wash it more often, so i don't mind that so much.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry my computer froze up?????? kept hitting enter button but didn't relize it froze. SORRY:dunno

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
some said the heat will kill the tire and brakes? burning veg or bio won't make it too bad of black, but dino does! I've got some 4" straight if you want to come get it?(oops wrong G-ville) I'd got out stock or the back? maybe even up?:love:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
ok, good ideas, thanks. So going with 4" would be good? and someone makes an adapter to go from the 2.5" down pipe to the 4" pipe? My last thought was to end the system in front of the right rear tire. any thoughts? i saw it once and it looked pretty cool.

You will probably need to go through a couple of adapters to make that jump in size.
I've got mine coming out in front of the rear tire on the right. Not too bad on the wheel grime, of course, I don't pay much attention to it :D
-----Robert

Attachments

• Exhaust pipe 1.jpg
    Exhaust pipe 1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Exhaust Pipe 2.jpg
    Exhaust Pipe 2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Exhaust pipe 3.jpg
    Exhaust pipe 3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 5

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the LD3 looks good. I'll think about leaving the exhaust ending at the normal location. that kit would be much easier to install than anything else that I can think of doing so i'm thinking about it. Thanks