Stupid test strips...

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok don't hate me... But I am seriously TERRIBLE with colors... Drives my wife insane lol. So can y'all look at this and tell me how I'm lookin? I seriously don't have a friggin clue which colors are the closest... Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. When did yours expire? I just ordered some from Amazon and they expired in November 2017. I got low readings with two whole bottles of additive in my new green motorcraft coolant. I then dipped it straight in the additive bottle and it read like this:

My middle pad didn't read almost anything even in a bottle of straight vc-8 additive. Not sure how normal that would be, but it also read the exact same thing in my coolant which doesn't seem right... lol

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe. When did yours expire? I just ordered some from Amazon and they expired in November 2017. I got low readings with two whole bottles of additive in my new green motorcraft coolant. I then dipped it straight in the additive bottle and it read like this:

My middle pad didn't read almost anything even in a bottle of straight vc-8 additive. Not sure how normal that would be, but it also read the exact same thing in my coolant which doesn't seem right... lol
Mine will expire in Nov too lol. Also from Amazon. This isn't helping me hahaha

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't even know they made one! I run rotella oil so I guess it would be nifty to run rotella coolant lol

Yeah I was in getting some DEF for the ;PissedDodge -cuss that we have at work and noticed it on the shelf. They have some things overpriced and others reasonable. (DCA4 is cheaper than amazon)

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was in getting some DEF for the ;PissedDodge -cuss that we have at work and noticed it on the shelf. They have some things overpriced and others reasonable. (DCA4 is cheaper than amazon)
Huh... I got some Googlein to do! So is napakool good or bad to use?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh... I got some Googlein to do! So is napakool good or bad to use?

Can't remember lol! There's DCA2 and DCA4, you're not supposed to mix them but I can't remember which is which. The test strips you have are the ones for DCA4 which is the same as the Motocraft VC8.

I don't remember which Napacool is though. Lots of guys use it, but I just don't know which type it is.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remember lol! There's DCA2 and DCA4, you're not supposed to mix them but I can't remember which is which. The test strips you have are the ones for DCA4 which is the same as the Motocraft VC8.

I don't remember which Napacool is though. Lots of guys use it, but I just don't know which type it is.
Uuuuuuugh.... When I have some extra dough (never happens) I'm going to elc.... This BS is too much for my simple already in pain mind can handle lol

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the research and went with Zerex HD ELC. It's pink, available at Napa for $20/gal for concentrate(so not rediculous), and seems to work just fine.

It does meet the not-bad-for-old-seals spec(I forget which it is).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online