stuck injectors, known tricks arent working.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I cant really thread anything into it anymore, I've done it so often the threads are stripped out. I have ruined two injector tops already threading in and pulling out.

I dont really have a decent heat source to apply, a pencil torch is the hottest thing I have.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any new tricks for you to try. You're going to have to get creative with what you have available to you. I'd certainly get a MAPP torch at minimum and get thoae lower injector bodies good and hot before trying anything again. A large EZ out may get enough bite of the lower injector to get it moving. Hard to say.

I wouldn't try the slide hammer again. It seems to just rip the threads out. I'd just try and break them loose by continuing to turn them with the upper injector body clockwise.

Good luck man. I've never heard of injectors being that stuck.

Heath

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Been doing some searching, gonna soak them in brake fluid, find a heat gun and a large easy out....and pray.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
So now this time Your going to check the new injs for a positive seal to the head, RIGHT?
If I get it to run again, sure. I am pretty sure it's because I misread my torque wrench when I installed these last time. I am also doing a much better job of cleaning the bores this time. I have my shotgun brushes and my flexible dremel head so they will be nice and polished.

What about using Aerokroil?

I have heard of that stuff but never seen it for sale around here. I read that brake fluid breaks up carbon pretty good, so I am gonna soak them for a week.

Read a post on FTE where a fella had two stickers. He said he started the truck on 6 cylinders and after about 30 seconds they shot out.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read a post on FTE where a fella had two stickers. He said he started the truck on 6 cylinders and after about 30 seconds they shot out.

If it will run, it's worth a shot. Like Corey said, I'd put something over those injector bores to keep those suckers from hammering on the hood if they do come out.

Hang in there. We're all rooting for ya.;Sweet

Heath

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
We're all rooting for ya.;Sweet

We really are. I've been checking this thread many times a day hoping you got it. I really thought starting the engine would pop it out. It'll come out, one way or another.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I have a nice thick coat I will be tossing over them, I certainly dont want any new dings in my hood.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Get the mercury outboard carbon cleaner I posted about. Aerokroil is made by Kano Labs. They have a very nice web site. Usually they will sell you two cans of what you want. Then if you don't like it send back the unused can and keep the part used can and get all your money back. You will never send back and kroil. It works that well. It will creep into a gap thats one millionth in size. I have watched it suck in past galled threads when you heat up the nut or bolt. Then cool it with the kroil. Hitting something thats stuck makes a shock wave that allows the stuff to get in and loosen thing.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been doing some searching, gonna soak them in brake fluid, find a heat gun and a large easy out....and pray.

Hey just a quick note. Since you have soaked them with brake fluid it probably will now be dangerous to use a torch on them. Using a torch on some brake cleaners can cause a release of a small amount of PHOSGENE....I may be mistaken but please check if that thought crosses your mind.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a little curious about your conundrum, when you used the slide hammer, are the threads your speaking about that are stripped the ones where in hard line connects to the injector or are they in the injector body itself the part that screws onto the stuck part?

Please clarify.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I am a little curious about your conundrum, when you used the slide hammer, are the threads your speaking about that are stripped the ones where in hard line connects to the injector or are they in the injector body itself the part that screws onto the stuck part?

Please clarify.

The threads are stripped in the lower half of the injector that is stuck in the head and they are also stripped on the bottom half of the top of the injector that threads into the lower half. With the top half of the injector out of the way, the end of my slide hammer was threading into the bottom cup but it just ripped out as well.

Regarding the brake fluid and torch, I was planning on using a heat gun so hopefully that lessens the danger.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a lil fyi if you start the truck id use a wet towel like a heavy wet beach towel i have a scar on my forehead from an injector the regular dry towel didnt hold it the broke part of my injector hit two pieces of metal then my head lol knocked me clean out! it was prolly my dumb fault for starting it then getting out to see if anything happened yet " i didnt move the towel" lol its funny as **** to me now but i have a nice black scar!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a lil fyi if you start the truck id use a wet towel like a heavy wet beach towel i have a scar on my forehead from an injector the regular dry towel didnt hold it the broke part of my injector hit two pieces of metal then my head lol knocked me clean out! it was prolly my dumb fault for starting it then getting out to see if anything happened yet " i didnt move the towel" lol its funny as **** to me now but i have a nice black scar!

:eek::eek::eek:

Dang!

Heath