Strange Wait to Start Light Mystery...

Camo_Kidd

Reaction score
1993 7.3 IDI with turbo, recently pulled,rebuilt, and reinstalled and has 3K miles on it since.

Recently my Wait to Start light has quit working. I will turn the key on and wait 8-10 seconds then I begin to hear clicking from the relay but it will fire right up. The strange part is when I pull it into the shop and its warm, the light works just fine (with clicking still when it goes out). We have been messing with the wiring lately to wire up some lights and CB and diagnose a bad speedo wire. I have 8 new Beru plugs in there and like I said, its firing up just fine so I really don't think its the plugs. We haven't replaced the relay/controller yet though. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't plug the indicator light wire back in.
Other thing would be the little WTS cluster. I had to clean all the connections on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
And make sure all those hard plastic harnesses are completely plugged in.

At one point I had whole sections of my dash gauges go out on Bruiser. Turned out that someone had removed the cluster and when they reinstalled it, only put a plug halfway back in. They like to bind up sideways.

Runningaford

Reaction score
I'd love to hear some more responses to this; as my wts light hasn't been working from the exact onset of cold weather. I was just considering, and still am, of just switching it to manual glow plugs; by deleting the controller.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Just check all electrical connections involved with it. Since it only comes on when it's warm, but the GP controller is still working, then it's just simply a connection issue between the controller and bulb.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started happening to mine a few days ago. Also cold here. GP's still work fine, intermittent WTS light. Replacing the turn signal switch first (keeps acting like I pushed the button for wiper fluid) then will worry about the light. Last five years the light has been flawless though.