straight pipe

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the N/A guys are you still running a stock Y pipe, or has you guys modified the end to something like a true 3.0 in. If so what kinda performace have you gained if any?

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
For the N/A guys are you still running a stock Y pipe, or has you guys modified the end to something like a true 3.0 in. If so what kinda performace have you gained if any?

I'm runnin the stock pipe back to about the transfer case. Then I'm running two adapters to open it up to 3.5" then I run that up to a 5" T pipe & 5" stacks.I wouldn'd mind true duals but it's not in my budget & everything works good right now. :D

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I know a good friend of mine that got a 10% increase in hp from switching from 4 in t-pipe into 4 in stacks to a really easy rolled 4 in y pipe and 5 in stacks on a dodge cummins(I know all of post mention dodges but thats what all of my friends play with) I never would have believed it but that t-pipe was apparently putting backpressure which cut down the hp. He also has extensive mods to that engine though at last dyno he was pushin 560 hp to the ground on it. plenty enough to snap front and rear driveshafts when he put in some boggy mud

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I promise I'm ford to the bone but I can't talk on my truck to much cause no one around where i live knows enough to guide me through the neccesary mods and i'm scared to push my luck on some of them. couldn't stand messing somethin up and kaboom there went my engine