straight pipe

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What kind of IDI, N/A or turbo? N/A I would think that the smaller the pipe, the more rasping and crackling it will have, where the bigger pipe will give it a deeper tone and give it less rasping.

I've got 4" on mine, and it rasps once I get above 2600 rpm's accelerating, or decelerating all the way down to 2500rpm's

tbryga

Reaction score
What kind of IDI, N/A or turbo? N/A I would think that the smaller the pipe, the more rasping and crackling it will have, where the bigger pipe will give it a deeper tone and give it less rasping.

I've got 4" on mine, and it rasps once I get above 2600 rpm's accelerating, or decelerating all the way down to 2500rpm's

no turbo.i found a hole in my pipe,so im just going to get a new pipe this week.what do you think a 5 inch or bigger would sound likeLOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
no turbo.i found a hole in my pipe,so im just going to get a new pipe this week.what do you think a 5 inch or bigger would sound likeLOL

It would probably get rid of alot of the rasping that I hear in the vids that you post up. It will definatly be more mellow sounding down low, and up high it will be deeper, and up real high you will still get rasping. Seriously if you can fit 5" then I would do it, it would sound awsome.

tbryga

Reaction score
It would probably get rid of alot of the rasping that I hear in the vids that you post up. It will definatly be more mellow sounding down low, and up high it will be deeper, and up real high you will still get rasping. Seriously if you can fit 5" then I would do it, it would sound awsome.

haha yeah if it fits i'll prolly get it on and see what it sounds like,and my truck is real hard to get in gear,can you adjust the clutch on these trucks?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You could have air in your clutch system. There is a clutch master cylinder on the firewall under the hood that is just to the passenger side of the brake master cylinder. Take the cap off, and see how much fluid you have. If you need to bleed it we'll instruct you how to do it then, because the way I did it it takes forever to write it up :D, and I really dont want to do that.

tbryga

Reaction score
You could have air in your clutch system. There is a clutch master cylinder on the firewall under the hood that is just to the passenger side of the brake master cylinder. Take the cap off, and see how much fluid you have. If you need to bleed it we'll instruct you how to do it then, because the way I did it it takes forever to write it up :D, and I really dont want to do that.

i checked the fluid and its full,i thought i might have air in the system but how could their be

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Define loud....for more of a gasser snap you'll want a 2.5" or smaller. For a good deep sound go for 4"-5" exhaust. They sound too much like a gasser with anything 3.5" & under. Dual 5" stacks sound more like a Diesel! :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
i checked the fluid and its full,i thought i might have air in the system but how could their be

I have no idea, how long has this "hard to get into gear" thing been going on? It did it on mine and happened real fast when my clutch master cylinder went out. One day it was like dang, its kinda hard to get into first, then the next it got a little harder to get into gear, and finally the next day it wouldnt even go into 1st, and getting into 2nd was hard as well. I finally parked it at my house, and couldnt get it into any sort of gear to fix it. Went to napa, spent $60 for the clutch master cylinder and brake fluid (thats what it uses for fluid), took the old one off, put the new one on after pre-bleeding the new clutch master cylinder by pressing the plunger thing in back of it a bunch of times with the resevoir filled with brake fluid, until a good amount of brake fluid was coming out when I pressed in the plunger thing. Put the new one in, re-attached the line that runs down to the clutch slave cylinder.....this is where it gets fun. There is a allen screw on top of the slave cylinder, its best to find it by using a mirror or something so you can get an idea of where it is at, but its on top and towards the front of the truck. Have somebody up top with some extra brake fluid to keep the resevoir full. Loosen up the allen screw until fluid starts trickling out, use some sort of contraner to catch it if you want. Press in on the throw out bearing thing, its what the slave cylinder pushes on, a big ole hunk of metal going into the tranny to throw out the throwout bearing. Push that thing back towards the rear of the truck as far as it will go, and hold it there. Now when your doing this, watch the red clutch hydrolic line (its best to clean it off first with the hand so you can see good) and watch the bubbles go through it. It will take a minute or two until the bubbles will stop. When this happens take your one free hand and tighten up the allen screw NOTE TO YOURSELF WHICH WAY YOU HAVE TO TURN THE ALLEN SCREW that bit me in the ass :mad:. There you go, it should be fixed, if its not fixed, then it could be the clutch slave cylinder.

Have fun with it :D LOL

tbryga

Reaction score
Define loud....for more of a gasser snap you'll want a 2.5" or smaller. For a good deep sound go for 4"-5" exhaust. They sound too much like a gasser with anything 3.5" & under. Dual 5" stacks sound more like a Diesel! :D

well i have a 3.5 inch on it now.i want it to be as loud as i can get it;Sweet

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
well i have a 3.5 inch on it now.i want it to be as loud as i can get it;Sweet

I had a 3.5" adapter coming from my 2.5" & dumped it right out the side. It was about as loud as a 350 chevy gasser with straight pipes. I know people would roll up their windows if they were on my right hand side. LOL
I like the 5" better though, still very loud but a deep loud not a gasser crackle loud.
If you do something like this you'll get all the noise that you want, just get into it around a building or another car & the sound will really echo! :yell:
You must be registered for see images attach

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good. My old non turbo had a 3" on it and it just sounded like a big block. nobody believed it was a diesel till the heard it idle.