Stock Exhaust pipe size

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I tried to do a search. Im going to cut out my muffler and wanted to stop by a shop on way home and get the right size pipe to fill in the gap. Does anyone know what the stock pipe size is going into the muffler and what it is going out? I know the tail pipe section leaving the muffler is bigger by looking at it.

I thought it was either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2.

Also, just in case I decide to go all out and go 4" straight pipe...I know about the the napa tail pipe section...what is the size of the stock downpipe on both ends 2 1/4? I will do the downpipe upgrade later.

Thanks!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well.... Without telling us anything about your truck we have no idea what to say.... What year... Is it turbo or non turbo.... Answer these questions and most anyone can help you. My Banks sidewinder wastegated turbo has an odd down pipe size... Its supposed to be 3 inch but its actually 2 7/8 inch.....:eek: When I had my 4 inch straight pipe installed the 3x4 adapter did not fit the down pipe.... So I removed the down pipe and had it massaged up to 3 inch... Great fit then...:sly

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh crud. Im sorry, I thought for sure I had a signature with my truck info. '94 idi f350 dually, 4.10 gears, crewcab, 8ft bed, factory turbo, 4speed auto.

Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 1/2 on my truck. Now 3" from down pipe back. Will work on the down pipe next.