Still around

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Old Mr. Bill

Just a note to tell you guys I am still around-I want to thank all of you for your e-mails.They sure help boost the spirit. I still hope to make the ralley if at all possible-It won't be in my IDI but probably a Ford product.Will that be close enough? :D I am finding a little time latley to make some quick posts.Just got home from the hospital a couple days ago so I am using the resting time to peek on the I-net a little.I still start the ole F350 and drove it a around a short time ago. Feel great considering all that is happening to me.
I still have a lot of stuff that may be useful to sell or trade or what ever.Some stuff I just want to get rid of.
2 7.3 blocks 1 had a bad crankshaft ,the other has a good crank shaft standard size bearings.the one with the bad crankis definatly rebuildable.The other ran but was over heated and would need to be checked.
4 7.3 heads 2 if I remember has small cracks between the valves but ran ok so they should be repairable. the other 2 are on the engine that was over heated they will need to be checked.
1 complete 6.9 engine-I have never seen it run -it was removed from a snow polw truck in Eire PA because the truck was rusted out.The owner told me it ran fine he is a reputable friend but not a mechanic.There is a lot of ugly surface rust on it from the salt it worked in for years.Mileage unknown-plow trucks get a lot of running time and don' always reflect true mileage.
A crate withe one of the 7.3 sn it plus many other odds & ends -fuel lines ,brackets,starters ( may need to be repaired?),alternators,
My ole 84 4X4 with a shortened frame for plowing snow (shortened 6 in) it has a real nice flatbed dump body on it,set up with a gooseneck hitch.no engine Misc parts taken off used on my F350.All axles driveshafts sre in cood shape,Transfer case works but has high mileage.C6 Trans -woeked well but chattered slightly on take off with my 30ft trailer in tow (ten to thirteen thousand pounds with a load on it.plus the truck weight making the gross over 20,000) but it still pulled with no slippage.It re rebuilt 8 monthe B4 it was retired.
My 91 F350 also is for sale Crew cab Dually.I would still head off with a load if I could on it. Low mileage Jasper engine rebuilt ATS non wastgated turbo.2WD.E40D- no RABS valve on it.
And my 30 Ft trailer .
I will be also selling at some point many tools -welders.torches, air Bumper jacks,porta power,air tools,5,000 lb engine crane,grinders,Drill press,10,000 press,small portable stump grinder,Stihl 12 in masonary saw (gas powered)Great for cutting steel.Dewalt chop saw.Coal -wood thermostat controlled ducted hot air furnace.Large 5 HP 2 stage 160 to 180 psi air compressor good solid cast iron ingersol rand commercial quality,not newer high speed Junk. and lots of other stuff.
Maybe mel can show me where to post Pics from or is using the URL for my TDS photo album ok?
Thanks again GUYS Mr Bill

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Bill. Boy I sure wish I lived closer to you. Keep fighting! If you can make the rally, I doubt anyone would care if it was on a plane, a train, a datsun, or a horse, as long as it's not a hurst!

Last edited:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMB, What are you looking to get for that 6.9? Just wondering, I know someone that may need one. HA.. Scotty

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you, Mr. Bill...keep on truckin' ;Sweet

I wish I could take you up on some of those tools, but no $$ and nowhere to store them for the time being... *sigh*

gandalf

Reaction score
It certainly is good to hear from you, Bill. I keep thinking of calling, but I'm never sure when a good time will be.

Sure do wish I lived closer. I'd come for a visit, and leave a poor man with a truck full of goodies. But time, distance, money, and storage space are all a problem. That engine is just what I need, but Scotty needs it more than I do, what with the upcoming PCS.

Keep in touch.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beretzs said:
OMB, What are you looking to get for that 6.9? Just wondering, I know someone that may need one. HA.. Scotty

Scotty, give him a call. 918-485-3567 Even if you aren't serious about taking it off his hands, I'm sure he'd love to talk to you.

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Glad your doing alright Mr. Bill, keep it up and get back to it:D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks OMB, I will keep you in mind. What i am looking for is is Gary's block is used up, yours would be a good alternative to drop in. Mel, thanks for the heads up. I am going to look at Gary's block this weekend or sooner, just to get an idea. If his is good, I will put rod and main bearings in it, new gaskets, and whatever else it needs and stuff it in the truck. Scotty

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you posting here, Mr. Bill. Keep the faith, and keep up the fight.

God Bless,

Mike

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,

This thread is now stuck to the top of our forum here. Theres some good stuff in here that may be of use to some of you and in turn it will help Mr Bill get rid of some of his extra items. Lets help him out if we can.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMB,

Good to hear from you. Good to hear that you are feeling ok. We are all praying and pulling for you. I can't wait to meet you and shake your hand this summer at the rally. Thanks for all your help and God bless.

Heath

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
OMB,

I don't know you, but it appears you are highly respected around here. That's good enuf for me!!

I wish you the best of luck with your medical problems. I'll keep you in my prayers

Don

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online