Still around

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you! Let me tell you all, This is a great man! I spent some time with him on the phone, You will have a great time, and get a great education on these rigs. There is more value to that than any of the parts he has. But buy those too!

Hang in there Bill, and we are all praying for you!

Doug

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
In OK I'm OK

Yupper I am in Wagoner OK.
Really doing great too.Worked on the front end of my mother-in-laws car yester day and goin to finish it today.Needed a lower A frame and CV joint boots plus some other minor tinkering.
Headed to Larado Texas this weekend with an ole trucking friend he is going down with his Peterbuilt (a load of used car parts).SO he is picking me up Friday and droping me off on the way back thru.Heck I may even take the wheel for a while.Havent drove a real semi since the trucking comapny I drove for for 18 years shut down in 1998.After that I went into Industrial maintence with Pepsicola- lipton tea & Aquafina for 12 years. But I sure do miss hauling antique equipment which I did from May 2001 till last July.
We will have a faster computer in a week or so -hoping to find some time to edit tons of pics from my hauling days and find a place big enough to post them.Sumpin to do when I don't feel up to gettin in trouble.
I was in the hospital last week for a couple days with another bacterial infection-seems my immune system wont fight things of like it should.They did another cat scan Good news is the tumors did.t grow much since October
Surprised the Doctors. THANKS guys, for so many prayers from so many different places seem to be better then medicine.Imagine that no chemo Just good nitrition and GOD . :hail Cool HUH? Guess he wants me to get up north for a long visit after all. :angel: :thanks: :Thumbs Up
I have learned a big lesson that I will pass on -Don't depend on Social security to help you they have so far toyed around with my disibility for a year.They just informed me that I won't get a check untill June.Put money in the bank for the rainy days that may come to you.Thank God the Veterans adminsistration decided I have a disibility from Nam or I'd be awful hungry.
Doesn't give me enough to roof my trailer (leaks betterin my spagetti strainer) But feeds us and gives me some medical care.
Later - Mr Bill :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill, We're real encouraged to hear that our thoughts and prayers are paying dividends. You've got the full backing of OB and this forum. Feel free to put your for sale stuff in your signiture to give it more exposure. That's a special Mr. Bill exception that the mods have agreed to allow. This place IS better than all the others, and embraces the community spirit we have here. It's not everyday that a member warrants this kind of attention, but OB does care about it's users, and so exceptions to the rules are possible here.

gandalf

Reaction score
Bill, it sure is good to hear that you're feeling so good. Good thoughts and attitude are just as important as good doctors. You're lucky in that you have both. I think the support here on OB, from staff and members, is absolutely wonderful.

A road trip? You must be feeling pretty good. And you're thinking of driving part of the trip? No wonder your spirits are so good.

I've added a picture link to my sigblock, and more pictures too. :D

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Trailer roof

The trailer is 14 X 80.I was hoping to put a rubber roof on it (they use 2 sheets glued together) A friend of mine in MA does commercial roofing he toldme about it.It is a 50 year roof. Then there is an attached shed 14x14 it was added before I got the place Kinda funky the way they did it.
It had a few leaks and as a result we have Black mold in a couple ceilings.

Last edited:

ilpourboy

Reaction score
misterbill, i see that you have some parts for sale. i am in the middle of a head gasket change right now and i'm trying to gather all the other parts i need before i finish. i would like to know if you have the steel fuel line that goes from the filter to the ip for a 6.9 that you can part with?

thanks.
rob

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob, if you want a quick answer from him, give him a call. His number is posted in this thread. He will probably respond here, but it may take a few days.

ilpourboy

Reaction score
thank you mel, i will try calling him. nice site you have here. much more freindly and personal than tds. people seem to care a little more here. i saw his number in his post but i have never conversed with him, so i didn't know if it was cool or not.

thanks.
rob

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a lot on his mind, so the opportunity to converse with the brotherhood is a very theriputic and recreational activity for him. Anybody that reads this is encouraged to give him a call some time. Oilburners appreciates the comments. We've been able to learn from other sites mistakes, and have been growing steadily as a result. Spread the word! :)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see all of you guys again. I haven't been by in a while. Good to see you're still hanging in there Mr. Bill. I will be keeping you in my prayers. I very much enjoyed talking to you for the few times that I did. Have a good one and keep fighting,
J.D.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
More good news

Welll I am at a loss but thanks so much, for all your prayers and good wishes

I am leaving for Noble Oklahoma tomorrow with my tractor to prepare a lot for Debis Sister & brother in law to put their mobile home on,this will be the first time I have been to work with my tractor in 6 years,sure will feel nice to do something productive .

Next the good news -The oncologist called yesterday(I wasn't home so she talked to Deb) My cancer is not active by the MRI & and Petscan results.She has spoken to the Pathologist twice to see if they could have made a mistake,The oncologist told her he took the tissue from the biopsy room straight to the lab and there was no mistake,and I should be on Chemo therapy.She told Debshe has no explaination (4 times she repeated this)but there is no sign of cancer (by checking the active blood flow in them)in my tumors but she will continue to monitor them with regular check ups.We are very excited and feel we can stsrt living again for sure now.This is a miracle we can only thank God for ,since not one Doctor gave me a chance of recovery.I still am very weak and have very little energy along some sever liver pain but I can go on with my life.We will start next month to find out what is causing the pain (it can be relived by eating a heavy meal so I am gaining weight again "darn it" 32 lbs back on, but I can relieve it with out narcotics)it is sever enough at times to cause nausea but I can deal with that.We plan to keep our life style of antioxydents on our plates daily.Except for my occasional lobster binge (although I havent had a lobster in 1 1/2 years )

Enough said there We love you all Debi and Bill

Attachments

• Dad & Debi 2003.JPG
    Dad & Debi 2003.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: