Stiff throttle? Pops too :(

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
What should I look for? I havn't oiled the throttle cable yet, I assume that would be a good start, but is there anything else I should look for? It also pops when I roll on from closed.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
What should I look for? I havn't oiled the throttle cable yet, I assume that would be a good start, but is there anything else I should look for? It also pops when I roll on from closed.
If it feels stiff, its time for a change. goto ford, pay your $57 or $75, and be done. Its a metal wire in a nylon housing and with those bends it goes through, wearout is a certainty. Better to change it now than when it seizes up on you. the P/N is in the "parts bin" article.

fiverpuller

Lizard Limo
Reaction score
The popping might be from the plastic sheaths catching on each other up by the IP. Mine was cracked up and popped. Take a look and it might make more sense.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fiverpuller said:
The popping might be from the plastic sheaths catching on each other up by the IP. Mine was cracked up and popped. Take a look and it might make more sense.

My thoughts exactly! Unfortunately a new cable is still the best way to fix that.