steering stabilizer?

jvencius

Reaction score
Who makes a good aftermarket/larger-than-stock steering stabilizer kit for the SuperDuty? I'll need to get the shock and bracket kit, since the Rancho unit I've got on there now (the big one, not the OEM replacement) is banged up and leaking, so it needs to be replaced but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I wasn't completely unhappy with the performance of the Rancho, but it never really held up like I wanted, plus it started rusting within nanoseconds of when I installed it (just like the Rancho shocks I put on at the same time...).

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Donahoe Racing makes a dual but it's bucks, consider going to the rancho dual or the pro comp if $$ is a factor.

jvencius

Reaction score
Swany said:
Donahoe Racing makes a dual but it's bucks, consider going to the rancho dual or the pro comp if $$ is a factor.

I saw that and while it's probably a well made setup, I can't justify that kind of dough for a steering stabilizer when 90% of my driving is on-road with not-that-big tires. I just ordered myself one of THESE this morning. It's probably the same damned thing as the POS Rancho unit I've got now, but with a couple coats of Rustoleum, maybe it will last more than five nanoseconds before starting to rust. I wasn't sure that I'd have the room for a dual-stabilizer kit, since I've got that larger-capacity front diff cover (link in sig) since it appears like the bracketry for mounting the driver's-side shock would interfere. That doesn't seem like it'll be that big of a deal since I've got 285's on the wheels now and don't anticipate going larger and consequently don't need the duals like I would if I went to 315's. OK, maaaaaaaaybe I'd think about going to 295's, but that's pretty unlikely 'cuz BFG has an E-rated 285/75R16 AT/KO out now.