Starter clicking 10-15 times then powers down whole truck for 30 seconds

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck all back together and now I’m trying to crank it over to get the air out and it won’t crank.

I turn the key, then 10-20 quick clicks (starter solenoid I think), then while clicking all truck power goes off for like 30 seconds. When I wait and put the key back in everything resets.

I’m guessing I’ve got some wires crossed, anyone have any ideas of where to start looking?

Thanks

CL

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm I may have jumped to a bad conclusion too soon. Will check batteries lol

edit: I took everything off and put it back on and now it works. This thing is bad for my blood pressure

Last edited:

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nipple on the fuel selector valve for the return line decided to bust off so no truck for another few weeks until I can get one of those ordered. ****

You must be registered for see images attach

cre1992

Reaction score
The nipple on the fuel selector valve for the return line decided to bust off so no truck for another few weeks until I can get one of those ordered. ****

The return nipple on my FSV got broken off when swapping the engine. I bought a new aftermarket one on Amazon for $50 and had it next day. They are $400 new from ford :bs. Plugged right in now problems. As for longevity, time will tell... Or as Laine said, you can always bypass it at the fsv and use one tank.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my FSV and replaced the missing showerheads with rubber hose. Didn't get all the pieces out of the front tank and plugged the hose so I've been running on the rear tank all year even with a brand new FSV until I can drop the tank again. Seems ironic to me lol

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you may be danged, you'd be double danged if you never did it to begin with.

The beatings only stop once you enjoy them! :backoff

Part of the fun of driving these trucks is guessing how much fuel you 'really' have.
:)

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The return nipple on my FSV got broken off when swapping the engine. I bought a new aftermarket one on Amazon for $50 and had it next day. They are $400 new from ford :bs. Plugged right in now problems. As for longevity, time will tell... Or as Laine said, you can always bypass it at the fsv and use one tank.
I ordered up the $50 one, at least to get it running. How does the bypass work? Do you loop the 2nd tanks lines at the FSV?

Is it possible to put the ports of the new FSV on the old one? Looks like that part of the FSV can come off

Last edited: