Started Motor Removal Today

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well.. That first bolt and nut sure is the hardest so start. I planned my way around the exhaust because I installed the new 4 inch straight pipe with a 3 inch slip collar on the down pipe. It came right off without any problems. The torque converter is really neat. It has bolts instead of studs in it. Way easier to hook up and line up too.... The front of the motor is stripped of the accessories and the fuel system is out and capped off everywhere. While walking the injection pump into the shop it snagged and fell to the driveway on the aluminum mounting flange and drive hub....-cuss It looked like the drive was bent so I miced it all the way around and then rotated the hit area. It measured .223 everytime I checked it around the clock... So I dodged a bullet that time... Mel, I'm going to be buying a Moose pump and I have this 5070 and a 4817 spare. Can you build the 4817 so I have something to drive while I'm waiting? Anyway things are looken up. Just need some studs to show up and head gaskets and valley pan from Northern Autoparts and I'm good to go. Tomorrow I plan on getting a compression test. I can't think of a better time to do it. The injection lines are out of the way and I really want to see whats happening between cylinders 3 and 5. Thats where 2 studs broke and coolant started to leak out. It was the second row of studs just before the valve covers. Yes... I am taking pictures and the popcorn is a poppen.... Mary.....

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say if you want to save some money, send whichever pump you think is in the best shape. I'll shoot you a PM for more details.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Good luck with your motor removal man, I hope you the best of luck pulling that thing without hitting any snags.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well, as many times as I have had this motor out the snags are a thing of the past. All the nuts and bolts are clean and turn easily....LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I woulda put it in with a zipper last time.:rotflmao :rotflmao
SOrry, just had to.:hail