Stalling Problem: New or Old - I'm not sure.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Truck stalls daily. Usually right after I start driving for the first time any particular day. It will stall but start right back up & run ok for a while then stall again. No rhyme or reason to what's causing it that I can tell.

I thought it might be the chip but it does it in the stock setting. I just replaced a CPS & have a spare, but when that went, the truck wouldn't restart for a while. Not the case here.

I do have an IDM code logged in the computer. Is this a possibility? Don't know if my buddy's Superchips programmer I had installed for a short time threw this as a false code or I really have a problem there.

If there is a problem what's my next step? I've heard something about an upgraded IDM. What's that about?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well, I took the truck to the dealership & there are no codes in the PCM at this time. No CMP or IDM codes. I did get the new chip from Beans. I'll put it in when it warms up a little bit. Hope that's it.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
It took a while to get it to the stealership to check the codes. Work is busy & the weather between here & NC ain't helping matters any. Got one in Mocksville to pick up this week. Somebody here is from Mocksville, can't remember who though. Might get the chip in later on. Hitting the rv show with the better half today so maybe when we get back I'll stuff the chip in & cross my fingers.

1 more post to hit 1000;Sweet ;Sweet