stacking chips

strokin'_tatsc

First On Race Days
Reaction score
i'm about to get an edge evolution for my truck in a week. don't worry i'm not buying it. it's being given to me so i will use it for a bit. my question is... can i stack an edge evolution with a DP-Tuner or a chip from Tony Wildman? i'm getting a set of injectors around christmas time so i'm gonna finally order my chip from Jody and drop in the 17* HPOP along with it all in the same night, but if i can stack the chips then that might make it a little meaner. thanks for the help guys!!!!

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
NO! You can't stack a Edge with a DP Tuner, why would you want to anyways? The DP will make all of the power that you'll need. Give Diane or Jody a call, they can explain it better than I can.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
ok, basically, chips and tuners do the same thing. both reconfigure the computer's parameters within the truck. so, a dp chip changes the same things that a programmer would. by stacking a chip with a programmer, you are sending two different signals to the puter.. this really confuses it and sometime ****** off the truck in a bad way! some people have said they have luck with it, but i wouldn't take the chance. the ONLY way i would think you could stack.. use the chip for power, and if you have an auto, use the programmer for tranny changes only, provided the chip doesn't do it also. however, if you have a set of guages that you trust, i guess you could try it and keep a VERY close eye on your pyro and tranny. personally, i wouldn't do it. the chip, injectors, etc. that you have coming will amaze you. stacking would just be a quick route to a fresh turbo, oil pump, puter, stud kit, and anything that can melt!

strokin'_tatsc

First On Race Days
Reaction score
that will work. all the more reason to not have an edge product in my truck once i get the DP-Tuner. i don't have to worry about shift points. i got a standard.