Stacked Mazda diesel PU on ebay

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Stacks? What is wrong with people? I also dislike the krylon paint job. 40mpg does sound pretty good though

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only downfall is that all major components for that engine aren't made anymore. That's what scares me with my ranger, I'm afraid something major is gonna break and the only way i could get a replacement is searching bone yards.

badaceds650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall i would like to own it for the right price. Now for the bashing top begin, holy moly the intake "welds" is something to be desired, if that thing holds pressure I'd be shocked.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only downfall is that all major components for that engine aren't made anymore. That's what scares me with my ranger, I'm afraid something major is gonna break and the only way i could get a replacement is searching bone yards.

Yeah I would love to own one of the ranger diesels, but like you said parts are hard to come by.

My buddy has 2 1983 rangers with 2.2perkins and one thats just for parts. one he put a mazda 5 speed in, the other is his daily driver. but the 2 do run pretty good. and hes got the parts one just in case.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Overall i would like to own it for the right price. Now for the bashing top begin, holy moly the intake "welds" is something to be desired, if that thing holds pressure I'd be shocked.

agreed,,they look like chicken tracks--has to be loosing pressure from bad welds!!!!!!

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I happened to notice that truck yesterday when I was searching for wvo stuff. I think some of these older diesel vehicles are overpriced because there isn't many to choose from. Still waiting on gonecrazyi to deliver that diesel car he had in the marketplace! I don't want to pay for shipping though!

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has been trying to sell that truck on craigslist nashville for about 6 months now. The mods are not my speed.
I drive my Izuzu pup every day and fill it with fuel every 6 weeks.
Thats whats great about the four banger diesels. Too bad the parts are so hard to find.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 84 turbo diesel Jetta had been in the market place several times lol. I even had it on craigslist. It wasn't until recently that people have been making offers from craigslist but they were offering 2-300 and I could part it for more. It was just to nice of a car to do that to. The only rust it had was on the truck lid.

I posted it on a vw site about 4 weeks ago and within 2 days I had a guy drive down from maine to pull it back with him. Sold it for 600 with the 300 in parts needed to fix it and a 60$ bently manual. Im just glad it's gone because it nowhere near covers what I had into it.

Funny thing is the guy pulled up in a 95 e350 with a diesel. The moment he pulled in the driveway I new it was an idi and could smell the wvo from accross the yard lol.

Last edited:

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I would have found an excuse to drive that far to get it but I guess I am getting old. I wish I could find a deal like that car you had around here. I see 1980 diesel cars for 3500 or more, not that they are selling at that but that is what you have to work with when looking for an older diesel car.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 2200 last time diesel was 5 bucks a gallon. Put a couple hundred _nto it and only drove it for 6 months. Then bought the parts to fix it. That doesn't even include the 700 in sales tax new plate fees.

It was a fun car to drive and ran circles around my 01 tdi. But I just had no ambition to fix it after loosing my ass that much. It's kind of why I stick to trucks. At least I can make my money back.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 2200 last time diesel was 5 bucks a gallon. Put a couple hundred _nto it and only drove it for 6 months. Then bought the parts to fix it. That doesn't even include the 700 in sales tax new plate fees.

It was a fun car to drive and ran circles around my 01 tdi. But I just had no ambition to fix it after loosing my ass that much. It's kind of why I stick to trucks. At least I can make my money back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726