Spring Shackle Reversal

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
On an F250HD 4X4 (mine is a 91) with the reverse arch springs--I think that the 350's of the same vintage had reverse arch springs as well--have any of you installed a spring shackle reversal kit to relocate the movable part of the shackles to the back to improve ride and handling??

If so, whose kit did you use, and what were your outcomes?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ziggster posted a link to a company that makes them once on censored.net, but they were QUITE pricey! I have a buddy who just did it to his truck, he said it made a big difference, but for the money ($500 or so) if I remember correctly, I wouldn't expect him to say less! :)

Also, I have an 87 F250, negative arch and had a 85 F350 parts truck, not negative arch. The axles from the F350 are now under my F250 as well as the front and rear springs. I also put add-a-leafs on the front to level it out. My truck now rides MUCH better. My truck would constantly hit on the bump stops with the negaitive arched springs.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
So far I have not had bottoming out problems, perhaps because I got the 250HD suspension?? Maybe with the 7.3 they all came with heavier front springs.

I checked a kit from Offroad Unlimited--and it is about $500 and takes some cutting and welding. Lifts the front end about 2-3 inches due to the extension of the rear spring hanger. Supposed to improve ride and handling. Like you said, it should!!

Thanks for the reply. Due to present budget constraints, I may do the D60 conversion leaving my existing reverse arch springs in place to mirror a 91 F-350 installation, and do the spring shackle reversal later on.

Do you know if 89 F350 4X4 reverse arch front springs off a gasser snowplow truck would be any heavier than what is on my truck now?

Thanks again from the Question Box. :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online