Spent the day pressure matching injectors

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 8 hours to be exact. I had a almost new set of BB's that I pulled from a blown E350 a while back, My truck had fairly new injectors that I had already pressure matched but I decided to set these up.. I set them all at 1950 They are no more than 5 lbs either way, It was really tedious and very time consuming.. But my truck has never idled smoother, Feel's like it may have picked up a few horses.. But the smoothness throughout the powerband is very noticeable. And yes I did reset the timing afterwards.. The last set was set between 1825 and 1875. To me it was definitely worth the time.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Always nice when a plan comes together like that. What pop tester did you use to get that close on the pop pressure. A 1 thousands shim will change the pop pressure by 25 or 50 lbs. Can't recall now cause I did this a few years ago. I'm about to redo it again but this time I will use 2200 or 2300 lbs. I may or may not use the G code springs for this. They are a heavier spring than the BB codes are. I have a set of Bb codes popping at 1850 right now and want to increase it as a test for everyone. I just know its going to be a Vicodin few days. My back just can't handle any work like I used to be able to do.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the brand name of the tester, Bought it on ebay a couple years ago.. Some of the shims I had to sand to get what I wanted, I'd sand a bit then check em with my digital micrometer. I think I'm missing quite a few of my fingerprints. It was well worth the experimenting though.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bet you didn't realise how long it takes to do just one injector. I set up a set of 8 a week or so ago. Mailed them to Austin TX and they got lost in the mail somehow. Got the Post Office tracking them down, last tracking was they left Columbus OH. Maybe they thought they were bombs or something, well packaged with caps on both ends and wrapped well in cling wrap.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you know the value of our matched BB's and Moose Misters! It's a huge PITA, but somebody's got to do it. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The matching injectors no matter what the pressure is a horribly long tedious job you think will never end. Its like taking a measurement. Just how close do you really want to get the measure. You can always get a closer measurement. Just like you can always get a closer pop match. If every injector pops at the same pressure and they are putting out the same volume then you have a nice smooth power pulse going to the flywheel. That makes hp.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably would, I bought them new a couple years ago, they got about 20k on em I would say. Stuck them on the pop tester yesterday and they still work like new.