Speed sensor and tranny id

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
Good evening all. got a question- 99 f350 7.3l-- speed sensor, is there more than one? The parts place gave me one that goes in the tranny but i cant find one there. looked up info and found there was one on the diff. found that one but the parts store doesnt handle that one. its different than the one i got. are there more.
second one -- how do i id my tranny model?:confused:

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only speed sensor I know of is the one on the rear axle. Is it a automatic E4od/4R100 is pretty much the same or could be zf5 speed or zf6 speed

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The VSS is located in the rear differential, the transmissions used that year were the 4R100 automatic and the ZF6 is the manual.

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks, thats what i needed to know. what does that triangle with the exclamation in it mean. did i do something wrong on the site?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing the triangle with an exclamation?

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
its under the your avatar. im new at this- but wow what a lot of good info.
thanks to all how have helped me today have a great night

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its under the your avatar. im new at this- but wow what a lot of good info.
thanks to all how have helped me today have a great night
Thats just there for anybody to use if your post is inflammatory or breaks site rules in any way. Poke that button and a moderator gets an email...... ;)

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
thanks mike guess i need to reread the rules and stuff! 1deiselman thats the part i have but its not the one for the diff sensor i couldnt find that one anywhere i crawled under the truck for about 30 minutes lol could only find the one in the diff. it has one plug and a bolt hole thats it.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you found the one in the differential? This part# is the one that goes in the differential. Aftermarket may look a little different than stock.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The 4R100 has a sensor located the top close to the front of the tranny. If you can get your hand up their you will find it.:D

I would doubt that sensor will give you a problem.

Try changing the VSS first and see what happens.

PAPA BEAR

Reaction score
mine looks like the abs speed sensor napa model demss10311 i cant find the other one anywhere on the tranny top or bottom i have the same one you sent me and its not on my truck the only thing i can find on the diff is the one i posted above. any ideas im lost lol

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that one looks like the one in both my 94 and 97. I wonder if their pictures are screwed up

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out pt# vss743 that's for a 97. I know that 99 broke the rules on everything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent