Sensor name?

StephenZ

Reaction score
Anyone know the name or part number for this sensor/ plug in this picture? I broke the one on the truck I’m playing with but it doesn’t have a part number nor is google helping trying to find it. All I know is the truck used to crank with the key before I snapped the sensor(s), and now I have to jump the solenoid. Put a used (but working) ignition switch, had a push to start in it for a while but decided I’d start digging into why the key isn’t working. The column checks out just the sensor from those pictures are broken off.

Picture is a column I found on eBay in order to get a good up close picture of what I am talking about.

If anything would this sensor not make a difference in whether the truck would start or not using a key?

EDIT: After digging a little on eBay I have found the plugs. But what plugs into these plugs? I have the plugs just like in these pictures but I’m not seeing anything that would plug into the plugs.

Dash is taken completely off the truck because I had some other stuff to handle on while cleaning the interior out.

Attachments

• D4F08CD6-8810-4B97-AB53-4B8890BB0817.png
    D4F08CD6-8810-4B97-AB53-4B8890BB0817.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20AFEA3C-A102-426B-98D9-A1B77DD3786B.png
    20AFEA3C-A102-426B-98D9-A1B77DD3786B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

StephenZ

Reaction score
Would a manual have one? You can see the tan on mine that’s broken, and the sensor plug was just hanging there by it. So I’m at a loss with it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, well, maybe it's not what I think it is. So I'm at a loss with you, at least you're not going it alone.

StephenZ

Reaction score
Lol. I’m going to trace down the ignition wire tomorrow and run a straight shot to the starter solenoid and see if that’ll work.

StephenZ

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This may be it actually. Trying to look at pictures and get a close up.

StephenZ

Reaction score
Now that looks more like it. Should your dangling wire be jumpered..,... maybe?
What does the plug go to though? Also there’s another plug up above at the top of the column in the new pictures as well that isn’t connected to anything.

StephenZ

Reaction score
I'm just guessing really. Throwing ideas out there. If you can get it to my yard I can figure it out.
Hell if USPS will put it in a “fits it ships” box then I’ll send it. I’ll figure it out in the morning. It’s probably something simple that I’m overlooking. All else fails I’ll just throw the push to start back in it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll figure it out. It'll come to you at 2am, write it down and go back to sleep. Hit it fresh in the morning.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck that your asking about? Your picture looks like an aeronose column to me like 1994.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online