south Bend Street/puller DD clutch

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
Just bought and installed a SBC DD clutch. I got the street/pulling clutch which runs the street material with a pulling Pressure plate with a plate load of 3800 pounds instead of 4200 pounds like the puller.

The pedal was really stiff for the first 100 miles but is now starting to loosen up a bit. By no means is it close to stock but we have a 95 Chevy 5spd and the pedal pressure is about the same with the DD a little more. The clutch grabs about 2 inches lower than the stock clutch which I like a lot.

As for smoothness on take off the clutch is a little grabby but the more miles I get on it the better it has gotten. After slipping the clutch it is more grabby than when cold but not that bad.

The install of the clutch was straight forward and with the dual disc you want to make sure the alignment tool is straight and right on the money or it will be very hard to get the tranny back in.

The 1 3/8 imput shaft was easy swap out. 4 bolts and it came out easy.

Tranny whine is a little louder but I was told that was from the weight of the clutch.
DM01

Last edited:
B

Big K

Thanks for the info. I'm in the market for a clutch.

Please update as you put more miles on it.

:thanks:

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big K
Thanks for the info. I'm in the market for a clutch.

Please update as you put more miles on it.

:thanks:
I would get this clutch for a few reasons.
1 it is less grabby than the highest HP single disc clutch SBC offers
2 it will hold more HP than the largest single disc clutch SBC offers

3 you can hook to a sled and slip it not haveing to worrie about burning it up or it not hooking up.

4 if for some reason you decide you want to go higher HP than the largest SBC clutch can hold you don't have to buy another clutch. and the DD can be rebuilt so you will never pay 1700 for the clutch again.

Only down side is the price :eek:
DM01

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7