Sometimes I run and Sometimes I don't.....

ndnjames13

Reaction score
Ok I followed you link and now i know which one is real and fake i see three levels. Lx mx and mx plus. Will all three work for running tests and live data? What's the reason for getting a mx plus?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can't remember the difference in the mx and mx+, but I know the mx+ supports the carista app. (Which will never be useful for a idi. It basically let's you change body computer settings in newer vehicles)
The cheaper clone adapters will work fine, but for me they weren't supporting all the vehicles I was using it for.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ndnjames13

Reaction score
Well I got the MX+ in today and it doesn't tell me crap about the truck other than rpm and voltage. I tried obdlink, Forscan and torquepro. No idea why it wont connect I'm about to say f it and throw the 1000 bucks at a solus.

ndnjames13

Reaction score
Im not even sure what that is or how to do it. Ive googled it and contacted obdlink. I'm a bit lost i see where people have done it but no one showing it specifically

ndnjames13

Reaction score
I got misfires and some other stuff to show up now. However it says o on all 8 while there is clearly a misfire and white smoke pouring from the exhaust. I did not figure out how to get cylinder contribution test though. I think that I may just have a bad injector thats half working.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ndnjames13

Reaction score
I see youre videos, Those are from 2004 and Im trying to find the way it happens on the current app. Mind you I'm typing this on a hand built computer. I'm tech savvy but these interfaces dont make any sense whatsoever. I got used to here are you codes. next menu here are your tests. thats it.

ndnjames13

Reaction score
Well we can finally put this one to bed, I went and borrowed a friends solus and did it in about 3 minutes. buzz test failed cylinder 8 and failed a contribution test on the same cylinder.

Now for the interesting part OBDLink sent me this when I contacted them, "
Hi James. Unfortunately, I believe the 1997 Ford F250 is not considered to be an OBD-II compliant vehicle. This vehicle is classified as a medium duty vehicle, and was not required to be OBD-II compliant until 2004-2005. Please accept our apologies that we advised you that it would work with your truck. Someone from customer service will contact you shortly and we will be happy to refund your purchase. Best regards, Shubert."

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Many others it has worked fine. In 96 they made them obd2 compatible, but not all obd2 devices will work, as it is a special language.