Something you may want to know

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've read my other post "is someone pulling a fast one" this will make sense. Basically pierce fuel pump in carter box. I called Carter today and told them my situation. I *** told Pierce makes all mechanical fuel pumps for our application in the USA. He stated there are some over seas companies making them, but if you buy a US made mechanical fuel pump it will be a Pierce, it will be boxed in Carter box or other but will be produced by Pierce in the old Carter building. I say that is BS but passing on Carter's response to me after i ordered a Carter M60278 and was sent Pierce pump in Carter box. I will be doing an electric pump soon!

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say that is BS

Why do you think this is BS? Pierce is merely a vendor for Carter. Stanadyne (injection pump) is a vendor for Navistar/International. Mahle (pistons) is also a vendor for International/Navistar. Like your Craftsman hand tools?? Sears didn't make them.....an outside vendor did. Why does that bother you?

Dave

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have it backwards, Carter is now a "vendor" for Pierce. There is a huge difference. Your local grocery store doesnt harvest their own produce, they are a vendor for Uncle Bobs tomatoes, and you love Uncle Bobs tomatoes, now some new guy comes in and grows tomatoes that aren't as good as Uncle Bobs, But he puts them in Uncle Bobs package and sells them as Uncle Bobs. Which you buy and they make you sick, your not a little disgruntled at what has been done? Actually Pep Boys is the vendor for Carter who in turn thought they were selling Carter fuel pumps, but are actually selling Pierce. The analogies could go on and on, but it all boils down to bad business.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
At lest the pump you got is made here! And I'm sure its built to carters specs so it should be a good pump.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a solution...

If you don't like the pump which you got Pierce, but wanted Carter...take it back get your money back or a credit...spend the coin on an electric lift pump and stop whining! It's the new millenium with many companies owned shared and rebadged....sitting here squaking about it won't change it's a conglomerate and you cannot do anything except to NOT give them your dollars!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
What you describe is not at all uncommon anymore. The fact is that Carter does not produce their own fuel pumps but has Pierce do it. And there is one more feature: Pierce is making the pumps the way Carter wants them made. That is how the business is done. Not just now, but always. Sears never made Kenmore washers, Whirlpool did. But Sears told them exactly how they wanted the washer built. Same with Carter and Pierce. Sure, it is a Pierce pump, but it is made to Carter specs. I am not sure why you feel betrayed, if that is how you feel, but there is no funny business going on.

BTW, Miller brewing manufacturers lots of name brand beers, they just use a particular recipe to do it and put it in the right cans. Pabst is one of them. Not owned by Miller, just contracted to brew since Pabst no longer owns any breweries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online