Somebody better buy this truck!

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
@ZWilson07 it is a truck that is 31 years old and not held together by the paint, therefore it is a nice truck by our standards lol

lol true true i just dont consider a nice clean example one that has multiple different painted panels that arent even original or that someone has went through spray painting everything to try to cover up stuff and changed abunch around.

At least they aren’t rusted out but ive seen and owned plenty 30 year old idi’s that are actually clean and nice. Half the people on this site have nicer trucks than those :D

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
lol true true i just dont consider a nice clean example one that has multiple different painted panels that arent even original or that someone has went through spray painting everything to try to cover up stuff and changed abunch around.

At least they aren’t rusted out but ive seen and owned plenty 30 year old idi’s that are actually clean and nice. Half the people on this site have nicer trucks than those :D
I think the area has a lot to do with it.Here in PA,it only takes 5 years for a new truck to loose it's fenders to rust,or in 15 years the frame gets rusted out,so when I see a truck that is solid but needs a little body work,It looks like it just rolled of the showroom floor to me,but to those of you who aren't in the "salt belt",it looks like the beverly hillbillie's truck is driving down the road.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with the centurion mega cab conversion is knowing what must have went into building it. These trucks twist like crazy under normal use and I've seen what happens to crewcabs that are used heavily offroad (spider cracks at the firewall and front mount). Even if the stretch truck had 4wd, I wouldn't recommend even light offroading. Splicing the sheet metal of the cab is also something that scares me. I wasn't in the shop to see the work done with my own eyes so maybe I'm being too critical. But if there's one thing I learned about autobody, it's that most shops couldn't stay in business if they did a good job because it's simply too labor intensive (Mopar guys from the early 2000s may disagree...).

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
My biggest issue with the centurion mega cab conversion is knowing what must have went into building it. These trucks twist like crazy under normal use and I've seen what happens to crewcabs that are used heavily offroad (spider cracks at the firewall and front mount). Even if the stretch truck had 4wd, I wouldn't recommend even light offroading. Splicing the sheet metal of the cab is also something that scares me. I wasn't in the shop to see the work done with my own eyes so maybe I'm being too critical. But if there's one thing I learned about autobody, it's that most shops couldn't stay in business if they did a good job because it's simply too labor intensive (Mopar guys from the early 2000s may disagree...).
It's the same way with the 4 door centurion broncos.They just welded the back half of a bronco to the front half of a crew cab,and filled in the rest with bondo.

Rock

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Mostly west coast rust free trucks.

I suppose my F250 is desirable then? It's a Texas rust-free truck. Not the prettiest and has some bed rail damage but eh. It has a newer (around 2015-2016) rebuilt C6 in it too. Main things it needs badly is door hinges (maybe just pins/bushings and proper body shop quality hinge adjustment) and window seals. And a major cooling system flush. I have considered selling it a few times but it won't be any time too soon, if I ever do. I don't even plan to set eyes on it for a couple years, or so I hope in terms of my travel plans.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose my F250 is desirable then? It's a Texas rust-free truck. Not the prettiest and has some bed rail damage but eh. It has a newer (around 2015-2016) rebuilt C6 in it too. Main things it needs badly is door hinges (maybe just pins/bushings and proper body shop quality hinge adjustment) and window seals. And a major cooling system flush. I have considered selling it a few times but it won't be any time too soon, if I ever do. I don't even plan to set eyes on it for a couple years, or so I hope in terms of my travel plans.
I would take a beat up body on a rust free frame with decent running engine/ trans over most anything in the northeast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take a beat up body on a rust free frame with decent running engine/ trans over most anything in the northeast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Generally depends on how bad the dents are but my dually almost got scrapped in Graham,TX because of "how rough" it was. They had actually already marked the doors with stock numbers.

It's almost completely straight, has some very minor rust from stone chips. They weren't exactly giving it away either, I paid more than I probably should have. But it's still cleaner than most of the 5 year old trucks up here in NY.

Diego has a few bumps and some minor rust holes but still, fenders are intact and with just a little bit of work it'll still turn heads up here.

I'll take a couple blemishes over floor pan replacement and rotted off spring hangers!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online