Somebody better buy this truck!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Something seems up with it. Description seems weird and it has a gas efi badge on the front.

Did you go look at it Rock?
No,I haven't looked at it.
I saw the EFI badge,but I am just figuring that body panel was replaced at some point from a gas truck.Half the trucks I see are either missing those,or have been replaced,so I guess they fall off a lot.The description does seem a little funny though.

Rock

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock it looks like it has f-150 fender badges, i could be wrong cause its tough to tell from that far away. i also think it is 165k, not 65k because you shouldnt need a new IP until 125k. it could have been a beat to crap farm truck and they guy bought it and put a "rust free from the south" body on it. it also looks like the bed body lines and the cab body lines are not level with eachother which supports my idea that it probably has a new body on it

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EFI badges were only used on 2WD gas brick noses, 4WD gassers got the 4x4 badge and diesels all had the diesel badge regardless of 2 or 4WD so its most likely had a body swap. Also seems suspicious the engine heater is plugged in when it appears to be summer in the photo which points to starting problems, unless its a trickle charger that the cord leads to.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock it looks good and it has a turbo so i think the price is pretty spot on but my question is why does he want to sell it if it has a freshly rebuilt turbo and a fresh inspection i think that is a 085 turbo kit, could be wrong, but it might not drive that well depending on when it builds boost. i think the truck may be hiding some problems but thats just my opinion

It's the 088 turbo kit. You can always identify it easy by the proprietary 1-piece exhaust snail that ATS used on that version.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@david85 well i learned something new today, i bet it is slow as hell being a manual cause the 088 doesn't build boost till higher rpms

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's the 088 turbo kit. You can always identify it easy by the proprietary 1-piece exhaust snail that ATS used on that version.
You can also tell by the air cleaner. The 088 uses this one while the 085 uses a smaller, rectangle shaped one.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also tell by the air cleaner. The 088 uses this one while the 085 uses a smaller, rectangle shaped one.

Well, actually...I have an 088 setup with the older style rectangle box. I don't know if the newer square box will fit the older 085, but the 085 style box does seem to fit the 088 style turbo. So going by the air filter box isn't enough to positively ID.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I realize that,but once again,you are right about the automatic part,but 94 was the first year for the powerstroke.I guess i just didn't see that it was an auto from the ad,GOOD GRIEF

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Other than the hood, it's a pretty clean looking truck. To me, it seems like it's priced a little higher than I'd want to pay. If it was an extended cab, 4X4, or both, I'd be a lot more likely to buy it. On the other hand, that's just my opinion (I really don't want another regular cab after the Red Truck is gone), and it may be exactly what someone else is looking for.