Soccer ball engine / oil pickup 3/8" from bottom of pan?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! Got the '94 7.3 idiT soccer ball engine. (T-Farce freight, formerly UPS freight used it as a soccer ball during shipment. I got it at the freight depot upside down in a crate tied in with a yellow rope after it came back from Promar in new Jersey.)
I put the oil pan on it tonight and got it tightened down, after beating the dents out of the oil pan so it is back to original shape and I noticed the pick up is 3/8"~1/2" from the bottom of the pan.
I have another pan gasket ordered up for tomorrow morning, but. . .
Don't really desire to open up the soccer ball again unless. . .
I could pull the pan again and heat up the tube and tweak it a bit if needed, but do I need to?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace the parts and send the bill to ups, it was them who transported it, they damaged it they have to pay.

i wouldnt risk it cause you could put pinholes in the pickup tube and have low oil pressure

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re probably better off with RTV only on the pan. That’s the way they came from the factory. More likely to leak with a gasket. You don’t want to be pulling the engine again just to reseal an oil pan.

I would be more concerned with making sure there’s plenty of clearance between the pickup tube and any of the connecting rods. If the the last 3/8” of oil in the pan is needed that bad, you’ve already lost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online