So what did you do with your truck today?

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last week i replaced the leaking rear tank and replaced the "showerhead" so i can use all of its capacity, today i replaced the "showerhead" in the front tank. its a good feeling getting the "little things" fixed and out of the way, not to mention having my full 38 gallon capacity back!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I welcomed our first rallygoer at the campground today. The truck got a new 7 pin socket and an A, B, C type fire extinguisher was mounted on the floor right inside the rear left door. Not a huge amount of work but something to pass a small amount of time.

stuborn nut

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

hope this works first time trying to load a picture I set a few I beams for a car port for the wife

this was around easter I ran up to Idaho to help my brother swap bodies on his 84 f250

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I displayed my truck at the show and shine today:)
You must be registered for see images

Corey made the rally today as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I had to pick up my sister's '08 Wrangler and drop it off to our tranny guy for a new clutch. 9,000lbs between the Jeep and the trailer, the truck didn't even break a sweat. When people complain about their IDI not towing well I often wonder what their expectations are or what is wrong with their vehicle.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
how many miles on the jeeps clutch? or was there other failure that took the clutch out?

catodd

Reaction score
This last weekend I replaced the showerheads in the front and rear tanks. Replaced passenger side window motor with a new one made by Dorman.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towed with black truck a lot using the car hauler, I never even feel anything when towing. Towed car hauler with centurion and his e4od, and I felt a difference, but I had no hills on that trip and was only lugging an Accord. I towed the centurion with the black truck for a few blocks and I definitely felt that haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this was around easter I ran up to Idaho to help my brother swap bodies on his 84 f250

Its an '08 with 110,000 miles. It's a plain clutch failure.

Stubborn nut, got any good pics of that bed mounted crane?

Goose, that sounds premature to me, but I'm used to getting a whole lot closer to 200k out of a clutch.
Travis..

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the past few days I have been trying to figure out a noise and vibration in the drivetrain. Eventually cracked open the read diff and found a small amount of oil/water mix. Very small amount. The teeth look great on ring and pinion, and though the fill plug has been welded by age into the diff, I managed to fill through the vent on the axle tube. I replaced the rotten "lube" (or rather brown liquid) and added some Lucas gear treatment. The sound has diminished greatly and truck runs well now. Though I can see the seal on the pinion was/is a point of leaks. My BIL has a dead 85 F250 with 3.55s and a LS in the rear/front, a nice change from the 4.10 open diffs I have now.

Now, I just need to liberate the huge lawn ornament from him...

Black dawg

Reaction score
I had to pick up my sister's '08 Wrangler and drop it off to our tranny guy for a new clutch. 9,000lbs between the Jeep and the trailer, the truck didn't even break a sweat. When people complain about their IDI not towing well I often wonder what their expectations are or what is wrong with their vehicle.

I see lots of exploded clutch discs from downshifting. Was this the case?

I tow alot with my idi and have zero complaints. I agree that alot of peoples stuff just doesnt run right. I know several people that removed turbo kits and sold them, because "they dont do anything on these motors". Just a little turn on the fuel screw, and they are a different animal. If you put an NA calibrated pump on a turbo truck, it runs just like an NA truck