So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well this afternoon wasn't good for my truck collection. We had a nasty hail storm come through a little after 4 and took it took out all of the storm windows on the west side of the house and a storage building. Broke the windshield in 12 vehicles 3 of which are our drivers.

James
That sucks, man.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, man.
Yeah definitely not how I had hoped this would go. It has been about 35 years since the last one we had come through like this this, so I guess I can count that as a blessing. Unfortunately we have another round coming and last I saw it had a nasty hail core coming rite over us again.

James

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely not how I had hoped this would go. It has been about 35 years since the last one we had come through like this this, so I guess I can count that as a blessing. Unfortunately we have another round coming and last I saw it had a nasty hail core coming rite over us again.

James
It was in March of 05 or 06 and we had a crazy hail storm here. It destroyed a bunch of stuff, we made out fine. A lot of the training helicopters got smashed at one of the navy bases and about 2wks later there was a whole industry of "paintless dent removal" that popped up everywhere.

Sorry for your loss, man!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man Iam sorry to hear of your damage,
and loss, it comes on quick and it is gone.

I have never seen anything like that, we get hail, but usually the small pea and larger stuff. Comes down like a cloud burst, and 5 min is 3" deep or more, and with the rain with it, like a quick mini flood. Then it`s over.
We were in Rapid City, SD last Sept/Oct, and noticed a lot of the car dealers had these metal canopy`s over the new cars. Figured it was because of Hail.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the same year truck as mine. You don't have a picture posted, however. Is yours a crew cab? I've had zero luck finding door panels for the rear doors. I'm to the point of buying a 3D printer and seeing what kind of results I get.
Mine is a 2 door Reg Cab.

If I come across any good rear door panels I`ll pull them for you. Don`t see 4 doors all that often, but when I do, pretty well used.

Goat

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's muddy?? Looks like my truck on a good day :D

;Poke

The road is not supost to be muddy and when it storms good, there is many spot that do this and leave mud afterwords.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added 2 quarts of oil today.

Seems i'm getting lots of oil past the CDR based on the puddle in the intake tube.

Anyone had any luck with the chinesium CDR valves? I'm sure OEM is better, but at 1/6 the cost, I'm seriously considering it.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this morning I was rummaging around in the older threads here, and found one that went on a tangent about vacuum pumps, where it was mentioned that there is oil in your vacuum pump, which you are supposed to change annually…

So I did just that. I used ATF. There is a bolt on the back of the vacuum pump, pour just a tiny amount of ATF in that hole at a time, and spin the pulley. Has to be removed from the engine to do this.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also changed the fuel filter and put ATF in the fuel system to soak the injectors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance