So what did you do with your truck today?

THSIM9

Reaction score
Is Lewiston to far for you to travel? I know of a very good machinist but I will have to check and see where he is now as he moved shops couple years ago. He has done several International diesel engines for me over the years just not a 6.9-7.3 although I know he has done them.
I’m meeting with a cylinder head shop here in Boise tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well and they can get my heads done. Unfortunately it looks like I’m also looking at some block work, since I discovered a chewed up piston as well. So if you know of a guy Lewiston isn’t too far for me if he knows what he’s doing. I appreciate it.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I put some additive in the fuel tanks, and took the dog for a ride (Tuesday is trash day, then a couple of miles more to mix it through the fuel system). Temps are forecast to be below zero on Sun. and Mon. early morning/overnight. (That's not typical for southern Missouri!) :shocked:

ihc1470

Reaction score
I will be in Lewiston Monday the 15th and I will try and run him down for you. Will check with the old shop and see where he went and try and get a phone number and address for you.

The one I remember him working on was getting a sleeve installed due to cavitation.

THSIM9

Reaction score
I will be in Lewiston Monday the 15th and I will try and run him down for you. Will check with the old shop and see where he went and try and get a phone number and address for you.

The one I remember him working on was getting a sleeve installed due to cavitation.
Much appreciated! Feel free to PM with any details if you are able to track him down.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Not today, but yesterday I pulled my truck out with the camper sitting on it so someone could buy my boat, as it was parked behind it.
In 4 lo it creeper across the essentially sheet of ice we have outside like it was nothing.
Whats strange, is on Wednesday when I fired up my truck to put the camper on it, it struggled to start, I had to cycle the glow plugs 3 times. It was about 42f out. Yesterday it fired up at 17f like it was nothing.
I'm pretty sure my IP is seeing the end of its life, as when I do cold starts, exhaust is initially clear, then hazy white, and when the timing advance kicks out it clears out. It does have 95k on it so it's probably my next investment, injectors and a pump.

Now that the boat is gone, I have money for an intercooler :peelout

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Denton, TX? WOW! Now I don't feel so bad about the -2 that it was here, almost to Nebraska, this morning.
We were at -2 here this morning also, I'm rite on the kansas southern border. I had to drive my 97 powerstroke this morning because my 2x4's won't make it out my driveway in the snow, it started but definitely wasn't happy for about 15 minutes.

James