So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here she is.

Almost all done, got the steel perimet d stake pockets for the flat bed to fabricate but the major body work is done.

I'm officially rust free in PA lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
It's beautiful! From majestic NW Florida, I can't see any "holidays", runs, orange peel, or anything.........it's perfect!

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look super nice! Plan on building a front bumper replacement brush guard for my 86 here soon, and was wanting to mount lights on it. Originally I was thinking halogen, but the heating element in the LED with the yellowish tint would probably be even better! What lights are those?
They are made by trucklite, 7 inch round headlight. I found a good deal on these locally, so I went with them. I'm happy with how these turned out. I definitely had some reservations about cutting my grill, but I think the black paint draws your attention to the lights.

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you using for mounts? That's always been a hangup, trying to find something that let's me mount and aim the lights.
I had to order a couple of headlight buckets, usually meant for a motorcycle. Got these on ebay for 50 a piece. I thought I would be able to mount them to my bumper like my light bar had been, but the lights and buckets are much too big and they stuck out way to far. I took the grill off and noticed I could easily build something to fit between the uprights on either side of the radiator. It's just a piece of angle iron from home depot, drilled and bolted to the uprights, then holes drilled for the bucket mount. (Very easy, feel free to steal my idea if you like!) The lights sit far back enough where you can't them from the side, but flush enough where nothing interferes with the light.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was coming back from South Dakota. Big Springs NE has a Love's or Flying J Truck stop and across the road was an old Sinclair Truck Stop. Diesel was 55 cents cheaper at the Sinclair. The Loves was packed.

I looked at the Sinclair and saw 5 cattle haulers filling and that was enough to convince me.

Asked the attendant, she mentioned that many times Love’s offer discounts to corporates, but not to “the man”. Neither of us could figure out why “the man” would choose to pay 55 cents a gallon more.....

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I went on a little adventure today.
Decided it was time to upgrade to a larger camper. Drove to Eugene and back, about 200 miles round trip. Funny, at 78 I have a slight vibration, but when loaded, it goes away. Must be a tire...
Truck seems to drive better loaded, ride is definitely smoother.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
@Nero how was the sway without training wheels (dually)...? Or do you have bags?

Beautiful pickup btw!!
Thank you! I've definitely put a lot of work into her. Someday I'll put the rub rails on the rear doors...
I personally am fine without duals, I have air bags, and the sweet spot I've found is 70-80psi and it does just fine. My wife is the one that gets a little concerned when taking turns. I also have both front and rear sway bars, I'm sure those help a little.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pouring concrete up by the Kansas-Nebraska border. 600 feet of feed bunks. Drove the IDI up. 2 1/2 hour trip, made it no problem. Hope same going back. Am at lunch right now, got it stuck in 4th at the stoplight… rolled into a parking lot and was able to get it unstuck… that’s what I get for shifting without the clutch

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the old girl in for the bi-annual state inspection (Thanks Missouri, red-state my ass...never had to get the truck inspected in Minnesota, grumble, grumble, grumble)

Guess I get to replace kingpins this weekend...

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I diagnosed air intrusion........all day! I checked everything, twice. And do you know what the culprit of the air bubbles were in my glass sight window?....... THE MONTH OLD FUEL PUMP FROM O'REILLY!!! That was part of the reason I couldn't figure it out quicker, I mean, how can it be the brand new pump? RIGHT? Oh well, while I was under there I noticed a drip of antifreeze under the water pump. Ughhhh, oh well, cheeper than a car payment!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker