So what did you do with your truck today?

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hydraulic rams could leak and drop
Yes, they could...if you have ever re-sealed hyd. cylinders...you would not trust them unless you knew for sure that the seals were fairly new...even then...there is probably an over-pressure blow-off valve or ball and spring that is calibrated to a certain pressure in the feed and hold system and they can get grit in them and not seat...

Back in the day...with single-post lifts that were in-ground...a few guys got crushed when a car suddenly dropped on them...

That is what started the trend of electric-over-hydraulic lifts with lots of safety features...

As an aside...that is a cute little tractor you have...I have worked on a few of them...absolutely darling...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an air intrusion issue on Diego I've been putting off, but winter is coming sooner than we'd like...

It only acts up when it sits for a little while. Classic return line drainback symptom except my return system is plugged off from the filter head. Has to be something after the pump because it doesn't pull air....

I ordered a few olives and a fuel heater reseal kit (a couple o-rings) today so hopefully that will fix it. I didn't really want to delete the fuel heater. I don't feel like I need it, but I'd rather leave it hooked up, especially since this is my winter rig.

My first thought was it showed up after changing the sending unit so maybe the quick disconnect was leaking? But as I said, doesn't pull air, just minor drain back. Runs like crap for a minute while it purges the air and then everything is fine. Frustrating so I hope this fixes it. Need this truck ready to go when the snow flies. It's not leaking fuel anywhere that I can see. Really hope it's not the pump leaking!

As an aside...that is a cute little tractor you have...I have worked on a few of them...absolutely darling...

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or serious haha. It's a 1910. I need to address the brakes pretty soon, I'm really hoping they just need adjustment because just the pads cost as much as a whole brake job on our trucks!

I wanted a bigger tractor, but then again who doesn't? Probably a good thing I got this one, it barely fits in the garage LOL

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sarcasm or serious
Sincere appreciation...I got to know those cute little things when I worked at a tractor dealer...I believe that they were built in the 80's.

I'm beginning to think that the 80's were my halcyon days...I had a lot of energy, was on top of my game when it came to my vocation, had a 1-1/2 car garage to build my drag car...and wound it's engine to 7200 RPM before I shifted...life was good...a lot of work...but good overall...

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In
The boat has more cup holders than my truck! :frustrate
Since the cupholder arms race of the 90s on, you couldn't sell a vehicle with what these things have(seriously, what are those rings on the glove box door‽). I'm -shudder- minivan shopping at the moment and the things are advertising 18 cupholders(for an 8 passenger vehicle). I don't even know what you do with them all, but I'm sure mine will end up full of trash and stale cheerios, if I'm lucky.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since the cupholder arms race of the 90s on, you couldn't sell a vehicle with what these things have

the things are advertising 18 cupholders(for an 8 passenger vehicle).
I remember back in the mid 90's Dodge had a commercial for their mini vans. The whole thing was about the 247 (ok maybe not quite that many) cup holders it had. No other selling points at all. I thought that was pretty sad and actually pretty fitting for Dodge. That was it's ONLY selling point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726