So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Drove my truck to drop off some motorcycle tires to get new rubber on them, filled 'er up while I was out 32 gallons at $4.19... Was originally $4.89 but I got a rewards discount from the local Krogers.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the L/F put back together. Inner Fender, Coolant Bottle, Battery and Tray and the L/F wheel.
Brakes work pretty good, though the peddle is a bit low.
need to flush out the system though.

While I had everything out I noticed rusted areas on the FW that isn`t noticeable with the fender installed. Used one of those 3M Plastic grinder wheel`s, and got what I could get to.
Wiped it down with Wax & grease remover, and POR`d it. One area had rusty pock areas and little pin holes. Bridged with some thin material, looks like what is used on model air plane building.
Soaked it with the POR, and that will seal it.

With the insulation Ford installed, this isn`t noticeable with it in place, and the stuff is full of dirt and k-rap anyway.

Came home thursday afternoon, turn onto the shop drive way, and get this buzzing sound like something vibrating. This is new???
Sounds like behind the Cluster, open hood, thought Wiper Motor. All tight. kept feeling around, stand in front of truck, coming from Heater Core area.
removed dash Pad, nothing I can see there. under truck with bright Flash light, and don`t see anything out of the ordinary.
Dang, this one has me puzzled.
Got late and then it rained last night, getting it from Kommie fornia from old Hillary moving in and some lightening.
WOW you should have seen the light show we had Friday night, never seen lightening like that, looked like a war zone with bombs going off, went on constantly for over an hour. sure glad it was south of us.

I was rolling up the windows hour before this, walked around the front of the truck, and see a flash in the Windshield and then a boom...FLASH/BOOM right on top of me, almost hit the ground.
OK iam done, headed for the house to my safe space....LOL

Guess Iam a bad boy on FB. finally sighed up 2 weeks ago, haven`t done anything with it, trying to figure out where to go now with it.
Get this E-Mail yesterday.
Your Facebook account has been suspended. This is because your account, or activity on it, doesn't follow our Community Standards.
If you think we suspended your account by mistake, you have 180 days to disagree with our decision. If you miss this deadline your account will be permanently disabled.

Keep my mouth shut, and Iam in trouble.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Was originally $4.89 but I got a rewards discount from the local Krogers.
That's one impressive discount! I got $.03 per gallon off today. It's not much, but at this point, it's still worth stopping there and getting a discount.
Keep my mouth shut, and Iam in trouble.
Not too surprising. From my own past experience, there's no point to arguing it. You're trying to argue with a computer program that was programmed by a hate filled idiot. You'd be just about as well off to make a new account if you want to try Facebook at all.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fabricated a bug screen insert for the rear window of my truck. The bottom edge uses oversize washers to lock it in place, but I'll probably have to add some tabs to make it easier to unlatch. The plan is to do some camping, if I can ever get some time off this summer. I gave it a "test run" last night and seems to work ok. Slept better than I expected and no midges seemed to get in.

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 12

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a computer program that was programmed by a hate filled idiot.
He probably was the driving force in the contempt for anything involving real accomplishments...but I am fairly certain he had a lot of help...

There are a lot of lazy whiners out there I suppose...I don't move in those circles...Thank The Lord....

A guy I met when I worked at an airport told me about the crab pot analogy...the ones at the bottom grab 'holt of the ones trying to climb out...and pull them back in...

Misery loves company...

I steer clear of that stuff....this site is one of my few vices...

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck has gremlins... the buzzing is gone today.
Mystery of what it was.
Put about 50 miles on it today.

Goat :dunno
Those disappearing noises are the worst! When I first got the 92 there was a bad rattling coming from the back seat area (among many other noises). I finally took off the plastic cover behind the rear seat and found a screw that was trapped between the cover and the sheet metal.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fabricated a bug screen insert for the rear window of my truck. The bottom edge uses oversize washers to lock it in place, but I'll probably have to add some tabs to make it easier to unlatch. The plan is to do some camping, if I can ever get some time off this summer. I gave it a "test run" last night and seems to work ok. Slept better than I expected and no midges seemed to get in.
This is a revolutionary development! It's like having a screen door on your truck! I recommend making it spring loaded on a hinge so your kids can let it pop closed. But seriously, great idea.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck has gremlins... the buzzing is gone today.
Mystery of what it was.
Put about 50 miles on it today.

Goat :dunno

Those disappearing noises are the worst! When I first got the 92 there was a bad rattling coming from the back seat area (among many other noises). I finally took off the plastic cover behind the rear seat and found a screw that was trapped between the cover and the sheet metal.
I tell everyone to not worry about the squeaking or rattling or whatever, as long as it's making noise it's still there.,.......but if it quits making noise it probably fell off.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this thing the past 9 years and 140K miles.
340K now.
never had this buzzing thing before, started Thurs afternoon,
then Sunday morning, it was just gone.
Maybe it is posessed.

Goat

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better there than on the road somewhere...especially if you mighta been towing...

Did the u-joint break...or just come out of the yoke...?
I was on the road coasted off into a new on-ramp that wasn’t open yet,
Broke broke 1 cap was shattered but still on the yolk the other one turned into shrapnel, I’m not sure how that can possiblly happen at 200 horse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel