So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont make fun of my tent...

You must be registered for see images

It make it through a storm...

And came with a replacement a/c core, hope no nests where made in the intercooler over the past decade.

Old girl got cleaned up good as well.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a dodge , night and day difference expecially braking.
I’ll come back one day for now couldn’t pass up a good deal. I still love IDITs just upgrading
You must be registered for see images attach

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to drive around and burn some oil, so topped up the oil. Picked up some hard to find galvi hot dipped parts at the marine supply and replaced the power steering cap on the idi. Need to top off the reservoir but haven’t done it yet.

Recently built a vise hitch holder so I can rotate it 90deg, shoulda made it longer but just used scrap stock laying around. Works alright! Has been great for welding fit-up

Attachments

• 73832A92-4B34-423B-BD07-6365686D12FF.jpeg
    73832A92-4B34-423B-BD07-6365686D12FF.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 13

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a slick little fixture...I would have to add a receiver to copy that one...I am just getting by with a vise mounted to the back bumper.

Your setup gives you a lot more working-around room.

Cool...

You just gave me an idea on an addition to my existing vise mount...

THANKS..!!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to drive around and burn some oil, so topped up the oil. Picked up some hard to find galvi hot dipped parts at the marine supply and replaced the power steering cap on the idi. Need to top off the reservoir but haven’t done it yet.

Recently built a vise hitch holder so I can rotate it 90deg, shoulda made it longer but just used scrap stock laying around. Works alright! Has been great for welding fit-up

That will give the Tail Gater`s something to think about.

Goat

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that one on a few trucks...and it seems that I will never learn...

Speaking of leg whacking...my grandad told me years ago that he had gotten hit pretty hard by an engine crank on a model 'T' when he went to start it on a particularly cold morning...

He said that immediately he was convinced that his leg was broke...it hurt that bad...

On that idea of mine...the vise would stick out the side at least a foot and a half...hope I don't forget to remove it before I go putt-putting down the road...

Had a reason to go to Home Depot with the truck last night an hour before they close...started right up and ran fine...carried the Girl along...asked her what she thought and she remarked that it was a lumbering beast...

She is used to less noise but higher rpms...

I took it as a compliment.

I like the fact that all I have to do on takeoff is to let it idle and just let out the clutch...no having to finesse the rpm and clutch...rotating mass and gearing just does it for me...

It's a keeper.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"On that idea of mine...the vise would stick out the side at least a foot and a half...hope I don't forget to remove it before I go putt-putting down the road..."

Great idea XOLATEM, great way to clear out those pesky Bicycle riders...:bail

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of us are slow learner`s, I have run into my share of Hitches over the years.

How many of us at work, are told not to do this or that, and do it anyway?
One was "Don`t climb up on the Dualls to get into the back of the Dump Truck"...but do it any way.

I have done it a thousand times, but this one morning, wet ground, Boots, and tires. Standing on tire, reach over to get a Rake, and both feet go out and I hit the edge of the bed with my chest...sure I broke something. I was sore for weeks on that one.
Didn`t tell the higher up`s what I did.
Did I learn anything? NO......

Goat

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"On that idea of mine...the vise would stick out the side at least a foot and a half...hope I don't forget to remove it before I go putt-putting down the road..."

Great idea XOLATEM, great way to clear out those pesky Bicycle riders...:bail

Goat
One great idea a day is enough...please don't get me thinking in that direction...watching some self-righteous full-lane blocking no road tax paying greenie weenies on youtube is all I need to get to asking for forgiveness already...

I'll wind up quoting 'The Cable Guy' until my concience clears up...

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Bessie thanked me this morning!!!!
Well this morning I parked Bessie, fired up my wheeled weed eater & started weedeating. Hit some gravel & realized I was throwing gravel at Bessie!!! Shut down, ran & checked Bessie for new dents......thankfully was none!!! Fired Bessie up & moved her. She was so thankful! LOL

Few yr ago I had camper shell on Bessie, was weedeating, hit gravel. Later walked past Bessie & noticed tinted window in camper shell looked funny. Reached up & barely touched it & it just shattered & fell out totally......Quote of $400+ for new window. Camper shell still got no new window!! LOL