So what did you do with your truck today?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, fair enough. You using one from a f-super? If you are you should make sure you get the proportioning valve off a non f-super.

You must be registered for see images attach

And a 9/16 bolt dose good to sort out the brake pedal.

Thanks! I was wondering about the pedal too. I’m not really looking forward to taking the whole assembly out. Did you just pull the brake pedal?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was wondering about the pedal too. I’m not really looking forward to taking the whole assembly out. Did you just pull the brake pedal?

I just pulled the pedal, a ratchet wrenche made easy work getting the nut off on the clutch pedal and on mine that was 18mm. With clutch it is a dual threaded rod, it is keyed on the pass side but will pull out from there.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
yesterday I was planning on reinstalling the fuel tanks in the 87', but I forgot I had to order a filler neck hose because I was forced to cut it off, so I worked on a few other things on the truck. I ran a few fuel lines where I could with the tanks still out, and then put some mud flaps on the truck.

The mud flaps are off of the dump truck. chrome weights on both sides. I was going to make brackets to hang them, but they are to big to fit in front of the bumper, so I figured I will just mount them the old fashioned way, and bolt them to the bumper. They are there to do their job, but I think they look pretty good too. Now I officially have an "old man's truck" lol.
Also, I misplaced my buck knife when doing return lines on the 88', and I could't find it, so I closed the hood and went to pull the truck up to look on the ground when I noticed coolant pouring out from the driver side fender well. I popped the hood, lo and behold there is my knife sitting right next to the overflow tank, and a nice big whole in the side of the tank. It seems the knife was sitting there (open:oops:) and when I shut the hood it went right through the tankcookoo. At least the knife is fine:Thumbs Up

Rock

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be adding to my thread too but I wanted to show off LOL

I'm supposed to be hauling Saturday and Sunday both, Sunday being a pretty heavy load. So I decided to finally get some D rings on the trailer.

1/2" 4000# working load rings down the side

And some 5/8 6000# rings on the back

Started the spare tire carrier, 1" hex nut and a boss coming off it which will end up with a grease fitting.

Good thing we did it at work and had to move it with the crane.... I was missing a spring eye bolt!

Got the dually inspected too! Busy week!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I hauled a HEARSE for a guy I know through work. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. Had a lot of screwing around because it's so low and my trailer is so high. Ended up having to put a couple jacks under the ramps to lift them up and reduce the angle, put a piece of plywood on the trailer for it to slide on, winched it up partway... Got the job done though and that's all that counts!

Update on my missing spring bolt in the trailer. Picked up a new bolt and bushing, not sure why I bothered to replace it, it was fine........

Glad I bought the correct bolt too! The bolt I put in temporarily I ran for about 25 miles was already getting worn in a little bit.

That could have been bad after the 240 miles I ran it today, not counting the 200 or so tomorrow.

Old next to new:

yesterday @Dylanviey and I helped @Danielle with getting the bus. remember kids, safety third

Hey if it fits it ships!!!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is this guy getting ready to go on a killing spree or is he going to do something cool like make a Ghost Busters replica?

Actually, he does haunted house/hayride stuff. I'm not 100% sure what he's doing with it, but it's related to that.

But then again, he is a grumpy veteran so I guess the jury is still out LOL

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son involved with Haunted Houses for a number of years and this was his ride. He turned it into a low rider and the license plate he got for it was a Donate your Organs plate that read LOWDEAD. He sold it a few years ago.