So what did you do with your truck today?

TurboXLT

Reaction score
Swapped out my door panels and fixed up my seats today. I had a mismatched passenger, and the drivers had a few cracks. Also found a nice matching passenger seat, and used the seat bottom foam and fabric on my torn driver's seat. I used the seat track off the donor seat too, my passenger seat was a bit loose. Oh, and replaced a broken dash vent too. So much nicer now, gotta love the auto wrecker!

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed a brake problem I myself caused, a while ago. The calipers were rattling because the "bow" springs that hold tension on the caliper pins were shot. New springs, pins, etc, rattle went away. But I re-installed the driver side caliper the wrong way. It's easy to do; I actually read about this problem years ago on a Saturn site; happens to a LOT of them for some reason. If you don't disconnect the line, and you "flip" the caliper the wrong way as you put it back in position, the flex hose loops in the wrong direction:
You must be registered for see images attach

The hose is supposed to loop in an upward arc, not downward like ^^^^^ that. The was it was, it can restrict fluid flow. In my case, it restricted BACK-flow, so the caliper wouldn't retract properly when you let go the pedal. I had it on a cross-town highway run the other night for the first time in a long time, and I'm noticing a lot of wheel shake, and a distinct smell. No pull, oddly. Felt the rims when I parked it, and the LF is HOT. Peeked/poked around, and I saw how the line was going the wrong way. So I took a low-speed surface route home, no problem. Next night I pull the wheel, flip the caliper back to re-orient the hose:

(you don't have to disconnect it; you just "flip" it 360 degrees), Sil-Glyde the sliding surfaces and put it back together. Up to 65, no more shake, park it and the wheel is totally normal temperature.

This is an easy mistake to make, and can drive you crazy, because it can cause just a partial restriction (caliper wasn't totally stuck), and it doesn't really look like anything's wrong until you look at both sides. Like I said, if I hadn't read about this with the Saturns, I probably woulda looked at it and not "seen" anything amiss.

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and got power steering lines,steering box,inner and outer tie rods,rotors,shoes, gear lube and tranny fluid to get Lil B on the road,had her for sale and changed my mind,I think she'll be a kool Lil truck

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just purchased 10' of 1.5" x .120 wall tubing, 3 johnny joints, and soon i wont have any axle wrap issues!!!;Sweet

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a topper for the F250.
Just needs new paint and mounting hardware.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
attachment.php

Moving the Camper so we could do some tree work.
Not bad for autozone shocks. LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    967.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 96

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Moving the Camper so we could do some tree work.
Not bad for autozone shocks. LOL

conventional shocks dont do anything for ride height when loaded, they only work under suspension travel.
unless you have air shocks.

Matt33

Reaction score
Started out replacing floor boards

Attachments

• 20150425_122142.jpg
    20150425_122142.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20150425_122037.jpg
    20150425_122037.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 17

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday after working the truck some to haul mulch home and run some errands the upper radiator hose sprung a leak. I replaced it today. Also removed more rhino liner off the driver side. Aircraft remover and pressure washer is best combination for removal. Well clean up is a PITA. Here is a picture before I started on the doors 35 min later. My youngest son gave it a try as well he's 12

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-assembled / installed leaf spring hangers to frame. These were originally "factory" riveted to the frame. The bolts supplied with the new hangers
seemed awful loose, so I re-drilled all of the holes to 1/2". Seems a lot more "beefy" with 1/2" grade 8 bolts than the tiny fasteners supplied.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-assembled / installed leaf spring hangers to frame. These were originally "factory" riveted to the frame. The bolts supplied with the new hangers
seemed awful loose, so I re-drilled all of the holes to 1/2". Seems a lot more "beefy" with 1/2" grade 8 bolts than the tiny fasteners supplied.

Instead of over drilling I went to the next size larger metric with flange bolts and nuts and it was a nice tight fit in the holes.

Matt33, if you are buying replacement floor pans, check out my build thread in my sig for info you might need about fixing any of that and making it all fit. :rolleyes:

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped my powerstroke wiring harnesses into my 6 door idi, next up, the engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online