So what did you do with your truck today?

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I started doing my valve cover gaskets. Got the driver side done (easiest one first LOL). Will do the passenger side when I have more time, not really looking forward to it, but I've been putting it off for far too long.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I took the old girl and my truck out for a ride today. We got some concrete blocks to modify her garden yet again. I told her the raised bed was too wide for her to reach the center but she insisted it was not. Now I have to make "dents" as she calls them in the sides so she can reach the centers. Funny how I knew this all along but she was dead set on getting what she wanted. Sucks to be a **** when it comes to this wifey. In my mind she blows and I go. Its just the way it is. But the truck ran fine as frogs hair. Not a problem unless you talk about the diner parking slots I tried to get into. I made it but a dually was not going to fit for sure. The food place and in the same parking lot as a ********** and it was rocking full of scumbags...

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a look at my 85 today on my way to work. Maybe tomorrow sometime I will have some time to work on it....

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
New door pins and found my oil leak.turns out a oil filter almost being complety off will cause a leak who would guessed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't changed them yet but found a set of these at a Advance Auto down the street for $100 out the door. First time changing GP's...Passenger side looks easier to get at then the drivers side. Looks like I will have to remove some of the Banks (non-gated) stuff to get at them. Not sure what GP's are in there but plan on taking it slow getting them out and using anti seize on the new ones.

You must be registered for see images attach

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't changed them yet but found a set of these at a Advance Auto down the street for $100 out the door. First time changing GP's...Passenger side looks easier to get at then the drivers side. Looks like I will have to remove some of the Banks (non-gated) stuff to get at them. Not sure what GP's are in there but plan on taking it slow getting them out and using anti seize on the new ones.

I need to do the same thing on mine, but I don't have a turbo and the plugs are only ~6 months old. Don't ever loan your truck out.-cuss
By the way those beru plugs have nickel plated threads so no need for antiseize. ;Sweet

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the glow plugs swapped out, no swollen tips since they were berus. Only took about 20 mins despite working outside in the dark.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Rusty gets new booties

Rusty got some Toyo Open Country Mud & Snow tires I had. They got put on some Alcoas I picked up at Pick n Pull.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
. Hauled 7 big a$$ logs trailer n load was probley 19 k

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mixed up some more of my winter elixir that I keep in gallon jugs for winter fill ups and used up the rest of my summer goo. Just babying the truck right now since I have a C6 with just up to 2nd gear and I can't decide on whether I want to go Stick or keep the Auto. What's holding me up now is that I lost the work area I had for the truck so am just considering having a pro builder redo the juice box since I will probably stick with my 33-35" tires while I keep towing the gooseneck. Also learned the 5 speed I was going to get was sold and the guy had another, but it grinds in 2nd and if I am going to have to build a tranny, I may as well stick with the C6 for now and eventually when I do go stick, I'll just put in the 4 speed with Ranger OD since 8 gears are ALWAYS better than 5 or 6 (if you have C6 and gear vendors).

So besides my making the Witches Brew for better winter driving energy, I also have been gathering information on area builders and what parts they use, as well as unloading old parts and cleaning up storage room to convert to unheated work space. All while driving the standby GMC with nearly 380K on it. Makes for a good parts hauler anyway...

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
So, I have a story! Pictures will follow in my build thread tomorrow ;Sweet Anyways.... I got everything needed to install a coolant filter, install new water pump and flush the system and refill with some Fleet Guard ES Compleat... This morning when I got off work, my power steering decided it wanted to give up.... Found myself at Napa getting a new power steering pump, steering gear and related rubber lines (don't care why it failed, I'm replacing it all :sly....) While I was replacing all this WONDERFUL (not...) power steering components, I notice that my radiator was starting to leak from the seems on the top and bottom -cuss! Not enough to leave a drip on the ground but it is definitely noticeable under the truck.... So tomorrow I will be getting a new radiator. I am glad I didnt flush and fill the system, would have been PISSED! My truck will be good to go for about 200,000 - 300,000 miles before needing anything new :rotflmao Like I said, I will be sure to post the pictures on my build thread!

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I put more oil in her like always and put one step and my toolbox in the other day.made custom mounts for the steps but the bend the rocker so I didn't even mess with the other side
You must be registered for see images
and I gotta 6 inch tip and side window rain guards on te way

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Hey! Do those steps mount to the body or the frame normally? i wanna get some but I feel like if they mount to the floor I will just rip them off.... I'm 6'2" at 215 LBS.... haha

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Floor the rocker panel and throw the mounts away we used steel angle iron and made mounts and bolted up to the rocker we gotta make supports that run to the frame but don't worry I'm 6'4" 260 or so lol and I can step on um I just don't cause I don't wanna mess up the rocker till we get supports for um