So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This a good upgrade at the same time to prevent this end from tuning into a egg.

i dont like that heim, it requires a set screw, and is non adjustable.
as far as the firewall.. refer to quote in signature

Attachments

• 49236-fef14ddc0331266fbc6eb8ab522c55c0.jpg
    49236-fef14ddc0331266fbc6eb8ab522c55c0.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 13

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Who are those happy twins? Yes you got the better heim but mine still works, its somewhat adjustable if moving the arm on the rod qualifies. If mine ever gives issues, I will keep that in mind as a improvement. I dont see the post you did the full plate on the firewall and that heim mod?

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been a little while. I pulled my oil cooler off for the 100th time. Anybody looking to buy a bullnose idi? LOL just kidding

as of late, ive seen many posts with people having lots of issues with their truck
this is what we deal with because we dont have the cash/want to spend the cash on a bran new truck.
even newer trucks have problems.
you know the saying, if it has **** or tires.....
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!! these are nothing more than machines.

not 1 person, not even the pros know everything, even tho some are damn close.
i know its extremely hard when youve been working on a project and just cant seem to get it right
especially when its your only vehicle

stressing on it will only create more mistakes.
take a deep breath, and relax.... YOU WILL FIX THE PROBLEM!

a few of you are pulling your hair out, handfulls at a time.
its not worth it buddy....
i just thought i should share some words of encouragement.

the glass is never half empty. THERES ALWAYS ROOM FOR VODKA!

@Laine D, @IDIoit has a good post for you. You have a better starting point than me since your body look to be in good shape, mine im trying to salvaged scrap to make a truck. I would be farther ahead if I started with a good body and a engine that did not sit since the down of time, but low cash dictated this is the path I shall walk. I have the truck I wanted and it runs, but there are a lot of problems with it due to condition of some the parts that came out the scrap bin. If life give you lemones make lemon aid. There is no resone to have to pull that cooler more than a hand full of time to fix the same problem. You suspect a issues with the regulator, so why not make a jig to pressure check it with air till your happy with it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Due to my sometimes scatterbrained method of working on things, I haven't done anything to my truck for a while, but I changed that today. Since I'm on a working vacation, I didn't go to work today and it was a good day to work on the truck (even though I did do other things as well). As I went to get out of my truck at my garage, the inner door handle broke off in my hand. Insert appropriate four letter word here. That was the first time that I've seen one of the metal ones break. I'm sure that they do, but I just haven't seen it. I stole the one off of the Red Truck and put it on the Blue Truck. Then I decided to tackle the tree branches that were almost touching the ground. Boy those walnuts sure add a lot of weight as they grow. After running about a half tank of fuel through my saw, I decided that was enough for now. I then decided to put some Sea Foam in the gas tank on my four wheeler to see if the poor running was due to old gas (it was). About 20 miles later, I made it back to the garage. Next, I dug out a three wheeler to see if the running issue with it was what I guessed. It wasn't so I pushed it back in the back of the garage to leave for later. Then it was on to the Blue Truck again. I was tired of the passenger's side window rattling any time that it wasn't tight against the upper (what was left of) weatherstripping. I installed new weatherstripping while making the job "easier" with numerous four letter words. I was debating on going home about that time, but I pressed on and installed the transfer pump for the Bronco tank (see post). The last thing that I did before shutting the garage door down for the night was to load up about 2/3 of the branches. They were taller than the cab, but I pulled the tie down straps as tightly as I could get them and it didn't look like as much of a load. Before I went home, I took them down to our City dump and put them in the burn pile. See? I did say that I have a scatterbrained way of working on things.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    451 KB · Views: 5

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are those happy twins? Yes you got the better heim but mine still works, its somewhat adjustable if moving the arm on the rod qualifies. If mine ever gives issues, I will keep that in mind as a improvement. I dont see the post you did the full plate on the firewall and that heim mod?
the twins turn 6 tomorrow!

its all in my build thread.
good luck finding it tho lol i tried

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I just ordered two of the metal door handles for the Blue Truck. That way I can have one to lose in my garage! Actually, I plan to hang it up somewhere so it will be easier to find the next time I need one.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Due to my sometimes scatterbrained method of working on things, I haven't done anything to my truck for a while, but I changed that today. Since I'm on a working vacation, I didn't go to work today and it was a good day to work on the truck (even though I did do other things as well). As I went to get out of my truck at my garage, the inner door handle broke off in my hand. Insert appropriate four letter word here. That was the first time that I've seen one of the metal ones break. I'm sure that they do, but I just haven't seen it. I stole the one off of the Red Truck and put it on the Blue Truck. Then I decided to tackle the tree branches that were almost touching the ground. Boy those walnuts sure add a lot of weight as they grow. After running about a half tank of fuel through my saw, I decided that was enough for now. I then decided to put some Sea Foam in the gas tank on my four wheeler to see if the poor running was due to old gas (it was). About 20 miles later, I made it back to the garage. Next, I dug out a three wheeler to see if the running issue with it was what I guessed. It wasn't so I pushed it back in the back of the garage to leave for later. Then it was on to the Blue Truck again. I was tired of the passenger's side window rattling any time that it wasn't tight against the upper (what was left of) weatherstripping. I installed new weatherstripping while making the job "easier" with numerous four letter words. I was debating on going home about that time, but I pressed on and installed the transfer pump for the Bronco tank (see post). The last thing that I did before shutting the garage door down for the night was to load up about 2/3 of the branches. They were taller than the cab, but I pulled the tie down straps as tightly as I could get them and it didn't look like as much of a load. Before I went home, I took them down to our City dump and put them in the burn pile. See? I did say that I have a scatterbrained way of working on things.
Don't worry, I tend to work the same way. Unless I need to get a certain job done I wonder from job to job getting a bunch of smaller stuff that I was putting off knocked out.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered two of the metal door handles for the Blue Truck. That way I can have one to lose in my garage! Actually, I plan to hang it up somewhere so it will be easier to find the next time I need one.
i find that this is the worst place to put something that you intend to find in the future...

a man simply can never find something thats infront of his face...
yes i do this alot. and even tho my intent was to make it easier to find....
i can never find the @$#%$#@%&#$%^&

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
i find that this is the worst place to put something that you intend to find in the future...

I plan to put a screw in the wall next to the door. I probably still won't be able to find it, but that's just part of getting older.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score

Oh, good. It's not just me. LOL

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well was out pulling some stumps and broke the ole dirty pearl again this time the trans broke the input shaft I'll post some pucs on a bit om working on it right now

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a few step foword and a few back

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86