So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how much cheaper these trucks are in TX than in MO... I'd have been better off flying down there, buy one and drive it back!

They're similarly priced in NY but.... the ones in Texas still have metal left LOL.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they use salt or calcium by the truckload up there. Mine at least doesn't have any rust, except where a previous idiot torched holes in the bed to jerry-rig a gooseneck ball. I can fix mechanical stuff but proper rust repair is very tedious and expensive.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they use salt or calcium by the truckload up there. Mine at least doesn't have any rust, except where a previous idiot torched holes in the bed to jerry-rig a gooseneck ball. I can fix mechanical stuff but proper rust repair is very tedious and expensive.

That's why mine came from Texas lol. Work on one of those after dealing with rust your whole life and you'll want to move south!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ones going up for parts, mostly for interior and the bed for project jerry. So if someone wanted to buy it with the title as a roller I’d make them a killer deal on it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've got say that I feel the same way about the price and the slushbox.
Today, all I did was take the diesel over to my garage and pick up the half ton again. The thermostat started to stick open on my way back from visiting Thewespaul a couple of weeks ago. At one point, I looked down at the mechanical temp gauge and it was reading around 160. Being EXTREMELY tired, I just thought "that's strange". I looked down at it a little bit later and it was reading right under 190 so I forgot about it. About a week and a half ago, I was driving down the highway between 50 and 55 like I always do when it's dark, and was thinking that the heater didn't seem to be putting out much heat. I looked at the mech gauge and it was clear down on the bottom peg at 130. I kicked it up to 70 for the last 1 1/2 miles to town and looked at it again and the needle had barley moved off the 130 mark. I went inside, put my groceries away, and ordered another Motorcraft thermostat. I didn't get to change it out last weekend because I was feeling like death and was couch ridden for 4 days. So, with the "nice" winter weather coming (low of 7 tomorrow night, low of 4 Thursday night) I went through with the truck change. Even though I'm now downgraded to using spark plugs again, ar least it will be warm inside the truck if I have to go anywhere.:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc