So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with my powerstroke I dragged home an idi tonite for the wife and kids to drive , but it only has 3 cylinders and is pretty ragged...... ok its a kubota G1800 w/4wheel steer. needs lots of TLC but it is a lot more user friendly for the family than my JD 430, and weighs 5-600lbs less . I'll put soem pics up on sunday.
DSC03081.JPG DSC03082.JPG

actually rolled my lawn behind 1st cutting today was worried this little fella would get pushed around by roller , but I stayed off the steep spots . was going to finish it up today but my reaction finally hit me from my covid vaccine on thurs nite. WOW! wife had nothing. my daughter laughed at me and said I got the short straw.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Showed Fred, the PSD, some love, and put on some newer tires and painted Alcoa rims. The rims were a set of nasty corroded ones I had accumulated. After taking the crap tires off, I hit them with the wire wheel and painted them up. I wanted to have something closer to the colour of the truck. It is a little more gold looking than I expected, but it doesn't look too bad. The colour on the can said Champagne Mist.
I also painted the hubs with a black rust paint.

The phrase "Polishing a turd" comes to mind. :)

P_20210515_174214.jpg

P_20210515_174229.jpg

P_20210515_190055.jpg

P_20210515_190106.jpg

Last edited:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Swapped the turbo. I removed the Banks fast spool turbo, and put original turbo back on. This time with a Wicked Wheel 2 impeller. The truck was rolling coal too much for my liking. Maybe this will help.

I'd really like to have a wall to wall talk with the guy, or committee that designed this set-up.-cuss The 1999+ turbo and pedestal mounting design is so much better.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Do you think the quick spool was too much restriction?
I had the 1.0 or .9 or mine with the diy d66, worked well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I wasn't sufficiently impressed with the fast spool turbo, so I switched back to the original...well, with the WW2. Today I checked the Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor tube for restriction...yup plugged. I cleaned it out, so now I'll see if there's a difference. I'm doing things backwards, I know :idiot:, but that's how I roll. lol

Bradd Barmettler

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Showed Fred, the PSD, some love, and put on some newer tires and painted Alcoa rims. The rims were a set of nasty corroded ones I had accumulated. After taking the crap tires off, I hit them with the wire wheel and painted them up. I wanted to have something closer to the colour of the truck. It is a little more gold looking than I expected, but it doesn't look too bad. The colour on the can said Champagne Mist.
I also painted the hubs with a black rust paint.

The phrase "Polishing a turd" comes to mind. :)

So fancy, I like it!