So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was having trouble with my 99 starting in park and going all the way into park when stopped. Was talking to my brother yesterday and seems there are 2 torx screws up under the dash on the linkage that like to come loose. Sure enough they where tightened them back up and thinks work right now.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hauled it to the farm on monday, changed the fuel pump and ipr solenoid on saturday. no change still erratic low/rough idle and engien lite coming on but no codes saved......
used my coworkers sacan tool he got from snap on and did a buzz test. pulled a code for an open in 3# injector. goign to pull the rocker cover and have a look inside on monday or tuesday.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the rocker cover this morning and could smell the burnt plastic before I even got it clear. burnt harness on inside of #1 and 3 plug passenger side front . have a spare from the pair I bought for my last truck but didn't need both. saturdays job is already booked, my 16 yr old wannabe apprentice is goign to help with it. have to get my 7.3 powerstroke brainwashing in while she is still open minded....................... her grade 11 auto class was covid snuffed out with all her other classes so she is learnin with dad! pushing her to try for the local Ford dealer , she did her job shadow there last year with one of my buddies and they liked what they saw.

oops sorry guys gettign off topic, just a proud dad and we bought her first toolbox off Facebook today. its almost a copy of my first beach box when I started in the trade in 1988 . Ice the knees friday coming up. then back to the farm on Saturday> hopefully park the VW and drive the 96 F250 home. fingers crossed, still need to change the steering box.
You must be registered for see images attach

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced under rocker cover harness and it ran minty, so I switched out the worn out steerign box with one out of an 88 E350 motorhome that only had 60,000 miles on it. feels lie a new truck, can hardly wait to run the 2 yr old fuel out of it and get some new stuff in there. i did put soem conditioner in both tanks before headign out on the road!!!!

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hauled a 1985 F250 with a hino 4cyl diesel and hino 5spd manual trans home a little over 3 hrs each way. hot day without AC. taking the 85 to work on monday,(not telling the service manager I'm going to keep it there until its roadworthy:joker:) I work at Canada's 2nd oldest Hino dealer but i've only been there since 2003. I had the idea of puting a Hino 4cyl into a Ford 1/2 ton over 15 yrs ago , just couldn't find one cheap enough for my budget. this was a $500 Canadian purchase so I didn't mind the trip. got lots of thumbs up and second takes too.:cool:

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got my Wrangler mud tires off the back . got soem cheap allseasons with outer edge rib for $107 CAN (clearance from $179) and now have 2 on the front. and my 2 cooper all seasons from Brutus on the rear. can't believe how quiet it runs down the road now. Noise from the wrangler almost sounds liek my old belted superswamper from my 4 wheelin days........
I'm goign to run a few tanks like this and see if I have any improvement in mpg. doesn't seem to wander as much as before either. yeah I know its got almost 380,000 miles on it and is bound to have a little wander in it.:idiot:

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sister sent me a pic taken by her phone of a pic she found of me and my 1st powerstroke. 1996 I bought NEW when I was a Mechanic at Parkway Ford in Waterloo ON. I made many trips to the southern US hauling stuff back for my own collection. this trip was in Dec 1998 IIRC. a 78 xlt bed on top, a 1975 F150 SC shortbed onthe trailer with a 1982 shortbed on top. what you can't see is the back of both trucks jammed with rust free panels . the trailer was a 1996 also , ordered by me and picked up 2 weeks after I got my new truck in May 96. I still have the trailer and it just got new hubs 1st time this summer. the truck was 5spd manual w/offroad package and onyl toy not on it was the power drivers seat. RED 40/20/40 interior. I felt horrible when I sold it in 1999. my last new truck ........

Last edited:

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me and Waldo helped coral a cow back to a neighbor's barn . came over a hill on a sideroad about 4 concessions from our place and saw a guy tryign to get a cow back to the L sid eof the road with a new 6.7 powerstroke crewcab 4x4 . waited until i figured out waht was happening and made hand gestures to him, i kept the cow in the left ditch beside me while he jumped out of his truck and ran behind her, then when we reached his laneway I cut hard left and she went for the fresh clover field. he ran back and got his truck and chased her around the field until she went for the barn door. I blocked the lane until she was captured. the mrs. originally a toronto girl was awe struck. just being a good neighbor. most fun i've had on a sunday drive in a while!:peelout if my truck would have been 4wd I might have chased her right to the barn.........................:cheers:

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
Well today is.. was the day we where gonna take BGT (Big Green Truck) a 96 F350 4x4 box truck PO ARCO in Fairbanks Ak) over to my GF house and load it up for 1200 mile drive to Arkansas. Got in gave her some GP love and the GP prayer she fired right up. Went to move it and heard a whooshing squeaky noise when I pushed in the brake. Got out did a Vacuum test only about 3hgi... Just got off my rock auto account ordered a Ford Vac pump and a new booster, SO then I had to fire the 89 IDI up and break the news to my skeptical SO she no likes diesels having had previous breakdown experience on these kinda road runs that I always enjoy.

Bakersk896

Reaction score
Today I pulled out the stock breather assembly out of the obs and put in a cold air. Then after close inspection of the exhaust, I cut one bolt and the whole damn thing came out so now there’s a 4” strait pipe to axle dump passed the down pipe. Then the passenger rocker panel and floor pan got replaced. It’s been a busy day. Hopefully the TS chip is in early this week.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just finished swapping in a 225k mike motor in place of my 380k motor. It was sporty doing it all by myself but it was worth it to hear a strong running 7.3 monster again. My old engine was so bad I didn't even recognize it until I heard the other one run. Wow. But different engine, non ebpv pedestal, new clutch, moroso oil pan gasket (fingers crossed!?) and a couple other sundry things new and she should be ready to go for a long while!