so others know

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ive been gathering prices for a total rebuild for the e4doa thats in my truck. after several days of pricing parts and speaking to people on the phone ive came up with a whopping $1700.00 total in parts. now grant you this is all hd parts and all possible upgrades for the 91 trans. after build it should be a solid unit (fingers crossed) lol. the total in price is with a triple clutch billet cover rv converter that drops the stall 400rpm below oem specs. talked with the people today about the converter and was a pleasure doing buisness with them and customer service was awsome. i was recomended by someone on another forum that uses this place for torque converters on every rebuild he does, the guy is a ASE certified technician for the ford dealership and very knowledgeable on the e4od. the price on the triple clutch billet converter was $309.00 with a $25.00 shipping charge to LA and a refundable $120.00 core charge thats reimburst when they receive my old core and it doesnt cost me nothing to ship old one back. i dont think $334.00 for a tripple clutch converter is bad in my eyes and you can build them to suit.

here is the website http://www.gopnh.com/

tell me what yall think of the price on the converter and maybe this will help others when in need.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They sound like they know what they are doing. Having not done any busines with them nor haveing heard of them tells me I may live in a vacuum at times. The price seems really low but it also sounds like you get lots for your dollar too... I guess its worth taking a chance.... At least they sound ok and on the up & up... You don't get Jay Leno to indourse just anything. He doesn't need the money nor want it either. His rep means more to him than simple money... Like lots of "other" special poeple of noteriety selling themselves to promote some pos... Just for the money.....

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive done quite a bit of searching and i know the triple disk units are hard to touch for under $500.00. ive seen quite a bit of companys trying to pass off imatation td converters for less but they are crazy. i just think if it comes with all the stuff that i ordered in it then its one hell of a deal.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get that converter, keep us posted. I'll be watching this one...... I bought a Ford reman about a year ago and installed it, the best deal going at the time. I did the torque converter lock-up mod and couldn't be happier. I don't even want to get a shift kit anymore (was considering the Transgo Tugger kit). But my 5'r is heavy so I wouldn't mind having a heavy duty converter.

sootman73

Reaction score
is that coming from hampton indiana? cuz my converter came from precision in indiana. its blue too but not sure what that means........

sassyrel

Reaction score
they have a factory--less than 70 miles from me--thats where i go get mine--but do you know--they have a non-triple disc--they make for the e4od also--and it holds up just as well as the triple disc??? and much less money-------serious--i talked to the factory ace--and got tour to see the inside of the convertors,and what they do to them--including the brazing of the fins--neat operation--they had run the place for about 8 years--and had one h of a fire--but they rebuilt--and have added on twice since--big operation--;Sweet

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they have a factory--less than 70 miles from me--thats where i go get mine--but do you know--they have a non-triple disc--they make for the e4od also--and it holds up just as well as the triple disc??? and much less money-------serious--i talked to the factory ace--and got tour to see the inside of the convertors,and what they do to them--including the brazing of the fins--neat operation--they had run the place for about 8 years--and had one h of a fire--but they rebuilt--and have added on twice since--big operation--;Sweet
sassyrel the tech that refered me to this place actually told me to get the non-triple disk in the rv style converter (price was like $246.00 with shipping) because it was better than anything that you could buy off the net, but i want everything HD soo i went ahead and ordered the triple disk billet cover rv style converter that lowers the stall by 400rpm. its supposed to be better for pulling and better on fuel mileage :dunno.

Last edited:

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
precision of new hampton is supposed to be origanaly located in iowa, but dont know where else they have other branches.

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a converter from them too! Quite excited to be able to do some real towing with my rig this year sometime.
Milt was helpful in deciding which converter to go with- i am going to be using a single disc with rv stall (400rpm lower stall) along with a transgo tugger kit.