so a friend of mine just got a 94 2500 6.5 turbo diesel

ntg

Reaction score
He seems to think an old Chevy diesel will out pull the old Ford anybody know.He's stock except for a cold air intake with a new injection pump and injectors with 180k.I have a banks Sidewinder kit with trans command with 97k miles and 4.10 gears and 35's which cause a little bit of torque loss both trucks are automatics.just curious not really looking to chain them up or anything though it would be funny if the Ford dragged the Chevy not so much if I got dragged.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
go for it man its worth a try i personally dont like the 6.5s so go pull the heck out of that chevy an let me know who wins!

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
If he's got a 2wd and you have 4wd, with the transfer case in low and hubs locked I would certainly think you would give that chebby a nice tug...

In high school a bunch of us guys chained my '89 bronco (C6, 4x4, FI-351) to a friend's 94 1500 silverado (4x4, 700r4, fi-350) and had a little "pull competition" on asphalt.

I outpulled him real easy (the limited slip was a BIG benefit)

AND he smoked his tranny in the process... LOL

ntg

Reaction score
Both are 4wd so it would be somewhat equal in that respect I just wonder which setup is producing more HP/TQ

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
My 95 6.5TD would pull better than my 7.3 with the same load in the canyon... My 7.3 doesn't get nearly as hot (coolant temp) doing it though :D

Tug of war? My bets are on the Ford ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
me I don't care.... if both run down the road and keep me from walking they both score high on my score card... me fat man = no like walky to store....

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outpull you? Hook the same trailers/load behind each truck and tell us the results. That's how you'll know which truck outpulls the other.

Too many variables when hooking bumpers. I've seen an S10 Blazer pull a F250 with a 351 all over the place, only because the driver of the Blazer knew what he was doing.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2, hook up a trailer and take it up a steep grade and see who's does better. Use the same trailer for both trucks for consistency. You could even do some timed 0-60 runs, do 3 and take an average for each truck. Good luck.
Travis..

Diesel Dawg

Reaction score
Or you can just drive behind him and wait for his 6.5 to croak and then laugh at him for not getting a 7.3. My 6.5 turbo was a very strong engine compared to my old 7.3 pstroke unloaded during acceleration, however the pstroke could haul more. Those motors are not very reliable imo. Mine started burning oil around 100k miles. Truck sure did look nice though..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726