A brief overview of a turbo system 'components' in the context of an IDI

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason this forum is here is so we can all share our experiences, what worked and what didn't, and learn together.
There is nothing to be gained by carrying on in this fashion. Can we have a mod jump in here?

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
Ok someone explain inducers and exducers and how changing them but keeping the same housing will effect efficiency of given housing or will it just move efficiency to different rpm ranges

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys-
have a discussion without the personal attacks. If you can't then the thread is done. Unfortunately.
one last try.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybee diesel crawler can bring this thread over to the 4x4 forum its now looking like a perfect fit over there!
Less tech more " big johnson" bs?!
It did start out interesting.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Maybee diesel crawler can bring this thread over to the 4x4 forum its now looking like a perfect fit over there!
Less tech more " big johnson" bs?!
It did start out interesting.

im not sure that you saw the thread before the extensive hours of corrections made to the original posting because of the inaccuracy strewed about....but it didnt originally start that interestingly or maybe a better choice of words would be "politically correct".

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Ok someone explain inducers and exducers and how changing them but keeping the same housing will effect efficiency of given housing or will it just move efficiency to different rpm ranges

Are you referring to the turbine exducer/inducer size???

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, I read the first post before anything else was posted in this thread. I have been watching this throughout the day. I actually had already planned on posting something when towcat already had. There may or may not have been incorrect information in the initial post. I am not a turbo expert, so that is not for me to judge, but this thread has been on the edge all day, and I have been watching it, and it was not getting any better. This is why towcat and I both have said something.

In the end, sometimes its not what you say, but it is how you say it. This is the end of this matter, it stops, or the thread will be closed.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
brokeasajoke short and sweet. it will effect spool time and where your boost comes on and at what pressure its efficiency drops off. Its all about efficiency with the wheels! i got flamed last time i posted an in-dept answer in this thread so feel free to pm me if your in search of a further more informative answer and id be happy to help.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Actually, I read the first post before anything else was posted in this thread. I have been watching this throughout the day. I actually had already planned on posting something when towcat already had. There may or may not have been incorrect information in the initial post. I am not a turbo expert, so that is not for me to judge, but this thread has been on the edge all day, and I have been watching it, and it was not getting any better. This is why towcat and I both have said something.

In the end, sometimes its not what you say, but it is how you say it. This is the end of this matter, it stops, or the thread will be closed.

my post was direct to CLB and his comment not you sniklas

but sniklas, the incorrect info was definitely there...and misleading....i was trying to help. i believe he fixed the worst of it after i point many things out. Nothing worse than doing research just to find out the person that wrote the thread up had a lack of understanding on the matter.

"In the end, sometimes its not what you say, but it is how you say it." - your very right sir

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure that you saw the thread before the extensive hours of corrections made to the original posting because of the inaccuracy strewed about....but it didnt originally start that interestingly or maybe a better choice of words would be "politically correct".

There seems to be 2 of these running right now, I saw some of the very first post before the edit and thought here we go!
Now I am not stirring the pot but the first read sounded like it needed an edit!
The ******* contest is silly, the fact neither turbo nor injection guru's here have chimed in said a LOT, seems the vetting of tech may be something the internet could learn from!
This is why my post count stays at 0 on most forums that I go to!
This one is for data mineing! So misinformation just SUX

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
popcorn' I need popcorn!
Lets see if any of the real life working injection guru's care to weigh in on this????
I have heard profesionals in their feild misquote their own words at a tech seminar in the past.
It happens, now we need some more real world discussion rather than a cat fight over the net!
Ok I'm off MY soapbox!

Just for reference

Heide264

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the snappy remarks above. I'll try to keep the sarcastic and snippy remarks to a minimum. I do have a patience limit.

EDIT: I see now, reading above, that my sarcastic comments aren't very clear. I'll edit those up for reference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7