Slight roughness.. valves? Have video

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always had a little bit of roughness with the IDI. I’d say it’s got a little bit of an imbalance and what sounds like a tick, constant with RPM but not related to throttle position. Injectors were recently pop tested and IP is fresh.

Take a listen and let me know if this is unusual. It’s always been like this, I don’t know if the slight loping/roughness is normal for IDI’s or not

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It does appear to have a slight miss. Your "tick" is constant with RPM. I don't understand that. Does it change as the RPMs go up and down? If it changes as the RPMs go up and down, then it has to be related to the throttle position. That's what makes the RPMs change.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does appear to have a slight miss. Your "tick" is constant with RPM. I don't understand that. Does it change as the RPMs go up and down? If it changes as the RPMs go up and down, then it has to be related to the throttle position. That's what makes the RPMs change.

Yes, it changes as RPM's go up and down, but is not related to the throttle position when in gear. I can hit the accelerator at a constant RPM (Say I am dragging the brakes and holding the engine at a certain RPM while varying the throttle) and no change, it speeds up and slows down with the engine but does not seem to be related exclusively to throttle position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online