Slide in camper owners: what's your mpg?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not collected information to substantiate this however, it seems fuel efficiency is far worse when RPM's exceed 2000 to 2200. Beyond this, mines seems to drink fuel. Some of these highways with 70mph speed limit and traffic flowing at 80mph, if I run with the crowd, you can almost watch the tank empty.
I'll bet your timing is slightly off(probably retarded). The higher in the revs, the less time to burn the fuel, and the more timing advance needed.
With a worn pump which doesn't advance as well as it should, you can end up with retarded timing up high, which, of course results in higher EGTs and less power made from the same fuel = more fuel needed to maintain the same load.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without actually searching back, I'll make a guess the pump has less than 30,000 miles and the timing was set by the man himself, "Mel @ Conestoga Diesel". I did adjust the fuel screw when I installed the turbo, other than that it hasn't been touched. Possibly I have too much fuel and should back it off a little??? Really should make an appointment with Mel and let him go over everything.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online